I need advice specifically for downtown San Francisco. Need to raise 55$ a month ONLY (1 Viewer)

professorjpj

Lurker
Current Location
ALL of america
So Ill be wandering around downtown san francisco after the 3rd.. I reserved a storage CLOSET, the CHEAPEST one is 55(including 9$ insurance, which is bull cause I will have nothing TO insure).. Most of the cheapest storage units there are OVER 100$, so I suppose I got "lucky", atthough Ive never paid more then 35$ a month for one anywhere else).. My stuff weighs about 50 pounds, and I cannot walk with it downtown.. I need IDEAS to raise a LITTLE bit of money over the course of the MONTH.. I am NOT a beggar or panhandler, never have begged, never will.. I tried juggling in the french quarter in new orleans, didnt make even one penny.. So it probably wont work in SF for me either.. I do NOT look like a bum or homeless, I can fairly blend in with the tourists and such.. I need IDEAS.. How do I raise 55$ a month on foot in downtown san fran? Im open to any and all suggestions(besides panhandling, like I said, thats NOT me)... Any ideas?

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
Craigslist is very popular there, perhaps there are work opportunities which are in line with your skillset and what you're willing to do.

OP
professorjpj

professorjpj

Lurker
Current Location
ALL of america
Craigslist is very popular there, perhaps there are work opportunities which are in line with your skillset and what you're willing to do.
Well, ive tried craigslist in downtown new Orleans, and failed miserably.. All the labor gigs are soo far out I cant walk to them!! I need ideas for raising even a few bucks a day, while being downtown on foot.. Im open to small time scams, maybe busking(im a simple juggler, but didn't work here in French quarter, not one donation), or any small jobs just for a few dollars daily.. Like I said, I don't need much, 55$ covers my storage locker, and I eat off of food stamps...

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
Do they do the 5 cent deposits there? I wasn't aware.. Of course, if that's true, ill be competing with the 10,000 other bums living there! HAHA
The competition is indeed fierce. But hey, you're only trying to make about $1.85 a day, right? Do it. Gas stations, bus stops, party houses, etc. have more than most. If you ask somebody if they have cans, they may even get you a bagful. It is honest work, wash after you're done:) some of those containers are worth a whole dime.

Pick up cans for your income and you'll immediately gain status in my book.

OP
professorjpj

professorjpj

Lurker
Current Location
ALL of america
Hehe, its worth a shot I suppose. Any other ideas for getting a few bucks a day? I used to make money in vegas donating plasma. But they had 3 places downtown to do it at! Wonder if sf has that?

Thrasymachus

At the train station where I live(northern NJ) you can rent a bike locker for ridiculously cheap. It costs only $45 dollars to rent a locker for a six month block of time, but you also have to give a $25 key deposit. It is not as much space as storage rentals, but it is dirt cheap. Here is what the local lockers look like:
bike_lockers-jpg.20764_I need advice specifically for downtown San Francisco. Need to raise 55$ a month ONLY_Making a Living_Squat the Planet_8:28 AM

I googled quick and found this page for San Francisco:
http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/bicycling/bike-lockers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.
Jax Katz wrote on Cornelius Vango's profile.
Greetings from a Florida forest dweller !
youtube channel

There's a Cadillac parked outside of my squat.... I should've changed the locks earlier..
Little Rock.....again.....
I got a fresh brick of buttwipes. Who's lookin' to party?
Housing some best kind folks. Excellent musicians and great people!

Members online