I mostly lurk and read threads, but here's a post to introduce myself to the community (see, that wasn't that hard).

inconsequentia

Reaction score
Greetings,
other than fora I created or was a founding member of, I have always been a lurker by nature. But I’ve been here reading along for a couple of years now and I think it’s time that I just waved my hand out there, hullo!
Then at least my post count won’t be at zero. I really enjoy the discussions here, it’s just usually not my nature to be “involved.”
Thank you all for the value I find when I read along here.

peace

Solfinger

Reaction score
An old friend once said “ better to stay silent and have everyone think you are an idiot, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. “
I predict the post quota will encourage content of very little value. Maybe it causes some lurkers to bust out of their shell, and they become amazing contributors to this community... but honestly, I doubt it. Tigers can’t change their stripes. Lurkers gon lurk.

Last edited:

Solfinger

Reaction score
An old friend once said “ better to stay silent and have everyone think you are an idiot, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. “
I predict the post quota will encourage content of very little value. Maybe it causes some lurkers to bust out of their shell, and they become amazing contributors to this community... but honestly, I doubt it. Tigers can’t change there stripes. Lurkers gon lurk.
*their stripes

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Lurker nation chiming in. Pressure to post is real. Let the shitposting commence.

the mods are here to make sure any shit posting gets squashed pretty fast.

I predict the post quota will encourage content of very little value. Maybe it causes some lurkers to bust out of their shell, and they become amazing contributors to this community... but honestly, I doubt it. Tigers can’t change there stripes. Lurkers gon lurk.

yeah, my dad says that a lot. again, low-effort/value posting will be filtered out as much as the mods are able.

*their stripes

please use the edit button next time instead of making a new post.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Greetings,
other than fora I created or was a founding member of, I have always been a lurker by nature. But I’ve been here reading along for a couple of years now and I think it’s time that I just waved my hand out there, hullo!
Then at least my post count won’t be at zero. I really enjoy the discussions here, it’s just usually not my nature to be “involved.”
Thank you all for the value I find when I read along here.

peace

warning issued for bypassing the 20 character limit (spam). please use 2 brain cells and 15 seconds to come up with a decent title next time. for now, you'll notice that i've changed your title for you.

MFB

Reaction score
I predict the post quota will encourage content of very little value. Maybe it causes some lurkers to bust out of their shell, and they become amazing contributors to this community... but honestly, I doubt it. Tigers can’t change their stripes. Lurkers gon lurk.
You were friends with Abe Lincoln?!?!?! Nice my dood!

Lurkinz is great, but if you share what you are into, you might make some friends!
LIke a lit nerd!
You like Stephen King? Ever read his short The Long Walk? It's most excellent and highly recommended if you have not.

Lastly. Get outta my Momz please.

Reactions: Solfinger

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads