I hate goodbyes.

Tomato

Reaction score
Hiya. I'm Tomato.

This weekend is the Fourth of July. My best friend always throws a big party. It'll be good to see everyone again, for the last time. It's not a widely known fact that I'm leaving, and I don't want people to know. Because I can't stand big, emotional goodbyes.

Now, I'll set out on foot, and I don't know where the wind will take me.

I've been diagnosed with a certain illness. I don't feel sick. But I know that I'm not spending my last days on a couch, watching Netflix, or in a hospital. I just want to see everything I can possibly can. But aren't we all? My story is the same as anyone else's.

The only problem is - I'm a big target. A petite, puny woman on her own with her equally petite dog. So, if you see us on the road, say hello. I'm a minimalist, but I have my basic road essentials. The dog's stuff takes up more space in the pack than mine.

(And not to worry, animal lovers. The pup is the first priority, always has food and is always first to get to the vet when we have money.)

Here's hoping I don't kill us both. Cheers to you all and your adventures.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
where are you going?

Tomato

Reaction score
I'm heading out of Southern California, up the coast...all the way up the coast, then east. All the way East.

I already went the southern route last year. I figure that with all the craziness going on down there, it would be good to stay north for awhile. Also, I can see some cool northern states in the summer, where I won't freeze to death. Hopefully.

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
FYI, parts of the California Coast Trail are roadways for periods of time. Some of it is in areas of narrow to no pull out area. Just keep your eyes open and your head up. :)

Tomato

Reaction score
FYI, parts of the California Coast Trail are roadways for periods of time. Some of it is in areas of narrow to no pull out area. Just keep your eyes open and your head up. :)
What's a 'no pull out area'? My childish brain giggled at that.

Thanks for the tips. I don't know what I'm doing. I have always had a car. Don't have that to fall back on anymore.

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
What's a 'no pull out area'? My childish brain giggled at that.

As in no shoulder or areas to stand to catch a ride. Like I said, just be careful in those areas. I walked the California coast about 6 times in my life and I'm still alive to tell the stories.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Oh argh - don't mind me - the Mother in me I guess. I see illness stated and so I want to see you being able to take care of that and yourself?

But I enjoy the freedom you are enjoying and want you to be safe. And do keep in touch here.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It is! I'm pretty happy about this hello. Feels like a good place to be.

I have a handful of yellow and red tomatoes. The bite size ones.

... Didn't know snickers made them. ::cigar::

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Take care, good luck, all the best.

ANd heck yea.. Welcome. :D

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

Peregrin

Reaction score
I had headed across the country to SoCal as soon as I can get some gear together, I'm traveling from Virginia Beach, VA. Safe travels, and welcome to StP. It has been a valuable resource to me over the years!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm with @Tude..

I saw that you were sick and my first thought was...noooo! Get some help!

But I totally respect what you're doing and want to give you a big hug for making sure your baby is taken care of.

I too, am a serious minimalist and whenever I start my journey, my baby too (that's her in the picture with me) will eat before I do.

She's all that matters.

Anyway, best of luck and if you find yourself down my way, stop and see me. I have an outreach program for free spirits.

I can provide you with food, toiletries, food for your baby, blankets...whatever you need.

Take care and best of luck!

Tomato

Reaction score
You're all very kind, I'm so glad to be here.

Also, I have been in hospitals getting help, but if I have to be stuck in another hospital room, I'll die quicker in there. I lost my will to live in there, and just wanted to give up.

I have a lot to look forward to now. I have little miss fluffypants to look after. And yes - she always eats before me. And while I'm eating. And gets the last bite. I don't know how she keeps her girlish figure.

If I can figure out how to click on people's profiles to see where you all are, would love to meet up. We both love meeting new people.

lone wolf

Reaction score
Also, I have been in hospitals getting help, but if I have to be stuck in another hospital room, I'll die quicker in there. I lost my will to live in there, and just wanted to give up.
100% agree. only way i will ever end up in a hospital is if they take me when i'm unconscious... and if i could refuse that ride also, i would.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads