I guess I'm supposed to Introduce My Ass

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm...
Well,
I suppose for the sake of anonymity since a lot of the activities on this website aren't exactly legal, call me Vor (even though my face is clearly on this and you could probably find me really fucking easily). I've been really into music for a long time, and this summer started the busking/folk punk artist life. This has lead me to find this world of crust punks, wandering kids, hobos, and the like.
I'm really interested in learning about alternative traveling. I've done small scale (only a couple miles here or there) hitchhiking, but I'm becoming interested in train hopping for longer distance travel. I figure it's never to early to learn things for your backup plan. It's a backup plan because ultimately I'm likely to be forced into the bonds of this Capitalist system.
If you're into folk punk/flailgrass and are in Upstate New York, let me know. Maybe we can busk together.
I'm also looking to learn from more experienced travelers. I realise that you can read all you want and still not understand anything. So, I am avidly reading this site, will be picking up as many of the recommended travel books as I can, and will be trying to do research in the field.
If you need anything let me know. I can't promise I can help with everything. But I'm good at listening and am currently training in counseling so you'd be helping me practise a trade I'm into. Or if you're in a band and need some extra help carrying equipment into your venue.
Hit me up friends!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
To be honest there really isn't anything illegal about this site or whats on it per say. No one is going to hunt you down for being on here....hope that doesn't cause you to lose interest. Welcome none the less...

Reaction score
Oh absolutely not going to deter me! Just the activities I'm learning about through this kind of are in practise (sadly, I really wish hitching was fully legal or trainhopping would be decriminalized). If anybody knows some good places to start learning more after reading every drop of info on the forums please let me know!

Jone

Reaction score
Hhheeeey welcome :) always good to have more lady freight hoppin musicians in this world. You will ride a train. You can do it by yourself, ever think about it?

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm...
Well,
I suppose for the sake of anonymity since a lot of the activities on this website aren't exactly legal, call me Vor (even though my face is clearly on this and you could probably find me really fucking easily). I've been really into music for a long time, and this summer started the busking/folk punk artist life. This has lead me to find this world of crust punks, wandering kids, hobos, and the like.
I'm really interested in learning about alternative traveling. I've done small scale (only a couple miles here or there) hitchhiking, but I'm becoming interested in train hopping for longer distance travel. I figure it's never to early to learn things for your backup plan. It's a backup plan because ultimately I'm likely to be forced into the bonds of this Capitalist system.
If you're into folk punk/flailgrass and are in Upstate New York, let me know. Maybe we can busk together.
I'm also looking to learn from more experienced travelers. I realise that you can read all you want and still not understand anything. So, I am avidly reading this site, will be picking up as many of the recommended travel books as I can, and will be trying to do research in the field.
If you need anything let me know. I can't promise I can help with everything. But I'm good at listening and am currently training in counseling so you'd be helping me practise a trade I'm into. Or if you're in a band and need some extra help carrying equipment into your venue.
Hit me up friends!

Wait wait wait How do you know I want to be introduced to your ass? What if its one of those droopy asses in old corduroys that look disheartened and sad and just kind of hang like an old pancake?

If its perky and peppy and full of fun then i would gladly shake hands with it and say How dyou do? :D

Reaction score
Hhheeeey welcome :) always good to have more lady freight hoppin musicians in this world. You will ride a train. You can do it by yourself, ever think about it?
Yeah I have thought about doing it by myself but I don't exactly have any skills in this at all so I'd rather not die on try one, I'm not the most coordinated.

Reactions: Mankini

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh absolutely not going to deter me! Just the activities I'm learning about through this kind of are in practise (sadly, I really wish hitching was fully legal or trainhopping would be decriminalized). If anybody knows some good places to start learning more after reading every drop of info on the forums please let me know!

Hitching is legal in almost the entire US. Its using a sign to hitch that usually draws attention via some well placed wording in the law. I think there is even a pocket guide on here somewhere to hitching laws in every state. There is ALOT of info on the site relating to helping people immerse themselves into the world of travel. The info on this site alone has helped me arrange my first date with a train.

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
www.fireandsliceproductions.com
You gotta get out of New York! Everything is illegal there. In most of the West, hitching isn't illegal unless you are near a prison. I lived in Upstate NY for some 20 years (around Albany). I don't miss it.
The easiest way to get a ride in Upstate NY that I found was to stand next to a highway and wait for a cop...then play dumb and say I live where I'm going. It worked several times when I was younger :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads