I’m Outta Here | Squat the Planet

I’m Outta Here

sunkid

Reaction score
What’s up, I’m Alex. I’ve been wanting to get out of Vegas for most of my life, and the only way I see that happening is by hopping some trains.

I was in a committed, long term relationship but it ended, so I finally have no more ties to this valley. It’s hotter and mustier than the devil’s asscrack and wanna feel a cool breeze and some fresh rain. I need get up to the Seattle/Tacoma area, or even just Portland, and see what I can do up there.

I grew up in the ticky-tacky conformist immigrant household. They’re beyond abusive, and have physically and mentally scarred me. Now that I’m back home and have no refuge in my ex’s family, it seems like a perfect time to get out. I’m doner than done. And I’m trying to find something. So I wanna drift around, meet people, feel something. SeaTac here I come. If I find out how to hop.

croc

Reaction score
From what I've been told by folks who have ridden in/out of there, Vegas seems like a bad place to start learning to ride freight due to high security. It's prob best to hitch to Reno and start there. Also UP workers on average do not give a shit these days due to UP being an awful company to work for, whereas BNSF workers are more likely to care if they see u.

Good luck and make sure to learn safety shit before u get out there. Train vs human, train wins every time.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

croc

Reaction score
@Beegod Santana seems a lil counter productive to head SE when they're trynna get NW. If we're talking closest place to vegas to catch out easier, needles would be closer and easier since flagstaff isn't usually a cc or wasn't last time I tried to get out of there wbd? We had wbds blowing past us all night.

sunkid

Reaction score
@Beegod Santana seems a lil counter productive to head SE when they're trynna get NW. If we're talking closest place to vegas to catch out easier, needles would be closer and easier since flagstaff isn't usually a cc or wasn't last time I tried to get out of there wbd? We had wbds blowing past us all night.
alright you've gotta tell me the story behind that pic.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads