HYA closing down | Squat the Planet

HYA closing down

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
I've been having a real fucked up day, then I heard this shit from a close friend, now I feel even worse. I don't know what else to say........still not 100% sure, maybe if anyone else can confirm? All I heard was they are getting kicked out of the building for remodeling, and being told not to come back. I've gone to HYA for the free counseling, which really helped me because I was going through some really rough times. I don't really drown my sorrows in substances, so finding help through a sober path is fucking hard. Not to mention the needle exchange and all the homeless services for kids no one gives a fuck about. This made me so fucking depressed to hear......it just hurts.

Sometimes the thought of going postal on a bunch of fuckin transplant yuppies is really appealing.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what is HYA? where is it at?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I looked at their website as well, they look too well established with lots of programs going to just shut down. If anything I'd say they would find another place if indeed they are not wanted where they were. I have a place very near to where I live where they expanded and remodeled (but stayed open). They have beds and programs there too. Saw a couple kids sleeping on their steps early morning not long ago, most likely waiting for them to open.

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
Rent in sf is completely impossible to afford, it is going to be difficult for them to find a new spot. It's sad to see so many old institutions being forced out in favor of yuppie boutique bullshit, which is what I am 100% sure will happen to the building.

Reactions: Pepin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads