HR 875 The food police, criminalizing organic farming and the backyard gardener... | Squat the Planet

HR 875 The food police, criminalizing organic farming and the backyard gardener...

mike

Reaction score
HR 875 The food police, criminalizing organic farming and the backyard gardener, and violation of the 10th amendment

Didn't Stalin nationalize farming methods that enabled his administration to gain control over the food supply? Didn't Stalin use the food to control the people?

"This bill is sitting in committee and I am not sure when it is going to hit the floor. One thing I do know is that very few of the Representatives have read it. As usual they will vote on this based on what someone else is saying. Urge your members to read the legislation and ask for opposition to this devastating legislation. Devastating for everyday folks but great for factory farming ops like Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo and Tyson to name a few.

I have no doubt that this legislation was heavily influenced by lobbyists from huge food producers. This legislation is so broad based that technically someone with a little backyard garden could get fined and have their property siezed. It will effect anyone who produces food even if they do not sell but only consume it. It will literally put all independent farmers and food producers out of business due to the huge amounts of money it will take to conform to factory farming methods. If people choose to farm without industry standards such as chemical pesticides and fertilizers they will be subject to a vareity of harassment from this completely new agency that has never before existed. That's right, a whole new government agency is being created just to police food, for our own protection of course.

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, READ THIS LEGISLATION FOR YOURSELF. "

Campaign For Liberty — HR 875 The food police, criminalizing organic farming and the backyard gardener, and violation of the 10th amendment

GovTrack: H.R. 875: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Lose your property for growing food?

Figured some people on here might want to know about this.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I don't think that there is any way that they could pass this. As widerstand said there are plenty of ridculous bills that try to get passed and are shot down.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Even though giant non-organic agribusiness has become gigantic, organic has also become a major money industry. Just look at stores around the country like Earth Fare, Whole Foods and New Seasons that are raking in lots of money from organic and spending some of it on lobbying. Here's a link to what the Organic Consumers Association had to say about HR 875 Organic Bytes #165: Workers Rights, Toxins, Organic & Pandemic Threats, & More..., so yeah I don't this bill has any high chance of getting anywhere.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
people if you grew up in dairy country you know how totally amazingly fucked up it is that the sale of raw milk is banned...... that and the bulk tank law brought down half the small dairy operations in vermont......not saying this bill will pass but 100 yrs ago you would have been called crazy if you said unpasteurized milk was going to be illegalized

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads