Howdy howdy howdy

ZoGeist

Reaction score
Hey whats up ya'll? 🦝 Name is Zo. I'm a queer nonbinary artist.

Looking to travel soon in my van! Around November to March. I'm gonna be starting on the east coast, making my way down south. and then west. Looking to stay closer to warmer climates during winter. Looking to meet other lovely LGBTQIA folks while on the road. Also - If ya'll have any suggestions of cool spots to visit. or good safe spots to park my van - let me know! Already have a small list of ideas but could always use more.

🌈🌈🌈🌈

Spazz

Reaction score
Nice to see the "A" included in LGBTQIA.

I'm old, but would love to show you around the Garberville/Redway area if you make it out to Northern CA.

I'm afraid I can't help as far as finding trim work, but it's still a great community, very friendly to travellers, and worth seeing before they pave paradise and put up a parking lot.

Another thought is Quartzsite AZ. It's warm in the winter and there are gatherings for those of us who are new to rubber tramping.

Maybe we'll run into each other there.

Anyway, welcome to stp.

Reactions: JackSquat

mysicksadartworld

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing something very similar, leaving the east coast in an SUV this November and heading west for the winter! If ya ever need a queer friend on the road, I'm always down to hang!

Bibs

Reaction score
Welcome to stp we're glad to have ya! If you're ever out in the pnw and need help with anything shoot me a dm and I'll share what I got. Be safe and have fun!
With gratitude, -Ian

ZoGeist

Reaction score
Nice to see the "A" included in LGBTQIA.

I'm old, but would love to show you around the Garberville/Redway area if you make it out to Northern CA.

I'm afraid I can't help as far as finding trim work, but it's still a great community, very friendly to travellers, and worth seeing before they pave paradise and put up a parking lot.

Another thought is Quartzsite AZ. It's warm in the winter and there are gatherings for those of us who are new to rubber tramping.

Maybe we'll run into each other there.

Anyway, welcome to stp.

Hey! thank you!! That would be rad. I'm thinking I'll be in the CA area probably around Feb and March. Definitely will be in AZ in January.
Would love to meet you in nearby future on the road

Reactions: Spazz

ZoGeist

Reaction score
welcome to STP! I’ll be doing the housie thing around that time in Denver, so if ya find yourself in the Rockies hit me up for a warm spot and queer hangs!

Hey honey crust! thank you i appreciate it !! yo that sounds awesome. i'm thinking ill be near colorado sometime in the spring. would love to hang out if youre there around that time.

croc

Reaction score
Yo, fellow queer person here. I also stay in the south for winter.

Slab city is def worth checking out if u haven't been. A lot of ppl talk shit on it but like anywhere else, u make the time u wanna have there, choose friends wisely. But it's a sick opportunity to live in one spot for free with the option of community or isolating to focus on personal projects. I've felt more inspired there than most other places. Ppl making art and homes out of almost entirely trash is fucking beautiful.

Just a heads up, AZ in January is like overrun with hippies bc of the gem show. Whether that's good or bad is up to u lol but even if u like hippies and rocks the downside being anywhere ppl commonly try to park vans in that area is prob VERY sick of van dwellers coming in by the masses and flying signs and gas jugging and shit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads