Howdy, bumming down the east coast | Squat the Planet

Howdy, bumming down the east coast

JSO

Reaction score
Website
www.jessescottowen.com
Been living in Brooklyn, working at a bookstore, then recently I got fed up, realized there was nothing that had to be done, and I didn't want to do that anymore. I'm headed down to Florida, currently on a buddy's couch in northern VA. Hope to hit Charlotte next, or perhaps Raleigh, I think I have some friends there. Would love a travel buddy, or even just a ride. I like to talk about books, and poetry, and God, and whatever else.

Hit me up if you're around, I'll probably keep updating with my progress.

Reactions: Object and wizehop

JSO

Reaction score
Website
www.jessescottowen.com
East of Eden was a life-changer. The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson or The Pound Era by Hugh Kenner were the best I read last year. I will always read anything by John Jeremiah Sullivan. Currently trucking through The Recognitions by William Gaddis, which is a fucking brick. Yourself?

JSO

Reaction score
Website
www.jessescottowen.com
I was told to read it during a pretty bad time in my life. I was drinking and using pretty heavily, and fucking up my life and blaming my behavior on my dad and old pastors and whoever else I could. That book was a wake-up for me, showed me that all I did was my own damn fault, and I couldn't blame my problems on anyone else. They had their own shit to work out, but sure enough I did to. For me now it's a reminder that I'm in charge, and that freedom means responsibility, and generational curses can be lifted, if you like.

Adasa Ono

Reaction score
Been living in Brooklyn, working at a bookstore, then recently I got fed up, realized there was nothing that had to be done, and I didn't want to do that anymore. I'm headed down to Florida, currently on a buddy's couch in northern VA. Hope to hit Charlotte next, or perhaps Raleigh, I think I have some friends there. Would love a travel buddy, or even just a ride. I like to talk about books, and poetry, and God, and whatever else.

Hit me up if you're around, I'll probably keep updating with my progress.
I'm in Cincinnati, itchin to get out. No particular direction. Let me know where your headed. My last roaddog had to head to Oregon so I'm travelin alone right now...

Reactions: JSO

Chazten

Reaction score
Steinbeck was lit af. Thou mayest. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was my life changer
Hitchhikers guide is sooooo good and it's a shame so many people either read it as kids or watched the movie and they dismiss the book but god damn that book is underrated
And welcome OP

Reactions: JSO

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads