Howdy All, Here for Vehicular Conversion Info; For Now | Squat the Planet

Howdy All, Here for Vehicular Conversion Info; For Now

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
Been lurking here every now and then for a few months, joined now that I actually have reason to give and take info instead of being whatever the site called me prior. Also have come to know but not actually go about, talking and making connections as means of well, living, so I'm saying hellur. San Antonio born and current, recently got a hold of a '98 Suburban Regency Conversion. Going to further convert it for road living, and y'all got the ingenuity I seek. Hopefully head out before 6 months, not a planner (Gotta finish paying my friend, just got a job, gotta make sure I got insurance for 4 months after leaving cuz i've been there done that and i don't like insurance but I certainly don't like being pulled over and knowing I'm screwed. Also need currency for the conversion but that oughtta be the cheapest part.) Hmu if you have/want info on the conversion process, or if you're coming or want info on SA!

voortne

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm from south of SA in RGV, been working and fixing up my mini van over the winter and getting ready to head back out in May. Likely going to be in San Antonio a couple times before heading up north early June :)

Reactions: Quirky Erk

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm from south of SA in RGV, been working and fixing up my mini van over the winter and getting ready to head back out in May. Likely going to be in San Antonio a couple times before heading up north early June :)
Hell yeah! Anything in particular you wanna get from or do in San Antonio? Are you converting it or just fixing it to run? If so, we should link up when you come up and check out each others vehicles, I'd especially like to see another, as I haven't really in real life.

voortne

Reaction score
I'm just doing things in terms of fixing it to run decently. I'm not super vehicle inclined or anything, but I'm always trying to learn basically just trying not to get stranded anywhere anytime soon lol.

In SA, just looking to hang out with some friends and definitely wanna check out some shows happening in May

Reactions: todd

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
Hell yeah, there's some other good shit goin on too but I can never remember what, due to funds I'll probably miss Choking Victim (fingers crossed though). Good luck on the car fixins, if it's a chevy/gmc from the 90s we likely have a lot of identical parts, and as such identical problems, exchange car info if need be (I'm learning)

PatchTwist

Reaction score
Hi! I'll be working on a conversion myself in the near future. Another site that is chock full of info on conversions is cheaprvliving.com and its YouTube channel, run by a man named Bob Wells.

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
With any luck, sometime in the next two weeks I'll have my minivan. Hoping for a Honda Odyssey, but we'll see what happens.

Nice I've a Honda and can personally attest to there reliability. If you don't know, they make em with 4 cylinder engines and 6 cylinder ones, so while gas mileage on a 4 cylinder is a breeze I don't have high hopes on one getting a 3,600+ pound car up a good hill or goin quick.

Reactions: PatchTwist

PriusFuck

Reaction score
How's that setup and how long have you been?
I've been living in the Prius from October 2016. I have both back seats lowered, small mattress, sleeping bag and I can fully stretch out and I sleep like a baby. I'm going to be taking the passenger seat out and build a desk/entertainment/storage area there.

I'm thinking about getting a small trailer and storing batteries for electricity and a possible solar setup.

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
Nice i'd like to see that build! Haven't seen in depth tables and such besides for cooking. That's awesome that a Prius is working out, I've slept in some small cars and knowing someone else has made it comfortable and a whole situation goin, that's awesome.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads