Howdy All & Fuck Buses | Squat the Planet

Howdy All & Fuck Buses

CowboyDan

Reaction score
I signed up for StP a while ago, was all packed and ready to hit the road, and then forgot about it when i met a girl at the last minute and decided to stay in my hometown for her.

Obviously it didn't work out, since I'm on the road now.

Anyway, I'm from Texas, been traveling for about eight months now. Started out rubbertramping, shit with the car went south, my road dog (who owned the car) split, then i got stuck in a shitty squat in SD for a month and some change.

Was finally able to get out of the squat and back on the road, a family member bought me a bus ticket to Colorado, and i took it. Score, right?

Nah, the bus line lost my bag and all my shit i haven't been able to recover it, just been surfing couches through CO trying to get my shit back.

I'm gearing back up to hit the road again soon, but soon can't come soon enough.

Anyway, how's everyone else doing? Any good stories from the past week or so? I can't get outta town just yet, so I've been living vicariously off of other people's stories to keep me motivated.

Reactions: wizehop

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
damn that sucks, i've had that happen to me on greyhound and all they did was send me a check for $250 bucks like 6 months later (stuff in the bag was worth way more). at least make sure they compensate you, but other than that i would find new gear asap.

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac

CowboyDan

Reaction score
damn that sucks, i've had that happen to me on greyhound and all they did was send me a check for $250 bucks like 6 months later (stuff in the bag was worth way more). at least make sure they compensate you, but other than that i would find new gear asap.

Damn, waiting 6 months to get that much back seems asinine.

I finally got some new clothes so now i can at least not look like a dirty kid when i don't want to, but i still don't have a decent pack or boots or anything else. I'm gonna catch out of this town in about a week gear or not and just worry about it when i get to Boulder, trying to find any decent equipment in Greeley on the cheap is near impossible.

CowboyDan

Reaction score
I gave the thrift shops a once over a while ago, and they either didn't have what i needed, or they had it but not in my size; didn't check any of the boot stores since I'm on a thrift/dumpster budget. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll check again over the weekend 'fore i take off.

I just know Boulder better than I know Greeley, and I know i can find exactly what I'm looking for there.

Reactions: angerisagift

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads