Howdeeeee | Squat the Planet

Howdeeeee

OogleLove

Reaction score
Howdy, folks! I'm Jeff and although I've known about Squat The Planet for awhile now, I've just now got around to making an account here. I won't go too into detail but figured I'd share a bit about myself so ya'll can get a feel for who I am, if you're interested, anyway.

I'm twenty years old. I graduated last year at the age of nineteen, my girlfriend and I lived in our own house, I had a job, and was saving up money to go to school for journalism. Not to mention, I was making a decent amount of money on the side and generally having a good time by selling Love. Most people would be beyond ecstatic to achieve these goals and live that life.

But it wasn't for me. The longer I did it, the more I started to feel sick on the inside. Long story short, I sought alternatives to put myself at ease. Ended up pushing away my girlfriend, wasting my money on drugs and alcohol, getting in trouble with the law, and more. Landed myself on probation, had to attend AA, went to rehab, had fines, etc.

After sorting out all of this trouble, moving back in with my parents, quitting my job, and getting ready to restart on a clean slate; I went on a trip with a friend of mine to a nearby nature reserve and were having a blast. As we emerged from the forest, ready to head home, we saw someone else leaving the reserve, and they were limping. We asked if he was okay, found out he stepped on glass, and decided to hang out and smoke with him.

He and his friends were the first travelers I had ever met and they opened my eyes to a completely different lifestyle, one that I instantly fell in love with. Being at the perfect point to leave, I did, and haven't stopped since then! There have been times where I considered settling down but the reality is, my heart beats for motion and this is the happiest that I've been in my entire life. Something about the road calls to me and I'll answer that in any way possible.

I prefer hopping freight to hitchhiking, mostly because it feels more reliable to me. Not to mention the exhilarating once you get past all the waiting. Inspiring moments and fond moments in box cars, deep wells, and porches, to say the least. My first train was in Mexico and I'd really like to go back and ride thru the country that way, because although hitching was nice, the rails would be something else!

I'm currently visiting my hometown so my friend and I can see some friends and pick up a vehicle. We'll be rubber tramping the country after this, busking and spanging along the way, checking out Nationals and other gatherings if we're in the area and make it on time. We're also very interested in following Dead and Co, as it will give us a sense of direction until we come up with new missions and goals. Plus that just seems like a stellar time!

I like to drink consistently (I wouldn't consider myself 'schwilly' as I'm not a total piece of shit when drunk) and am generally drug friendly, even if I don't do what ever it is you're into. Currently trying to teach myself the banjo, although I've never touched a stringed instrument before this. I also play spoons and washboard. Really enjoy writing and painting, as well.

If you have any questions, just want to talk, or we're in the same area and you want to kick it, let me know!

Reactions: wizehop

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hi welcome to STP. You say you have known the site for a while before you met those travelers? How did you find out about it? And by selling Love do you mean prostitution or are you referring to your artist work? And I agree that trains are more reliable and you generally know more what to expect than rolling the dice with a stranger. Welcome aboard.

• Haha
Reactions: AaronOnTheRoad

OogleLove

Reaction score
I've known about the site for about six months or so, long after I met those traveling folk. It's existence first brought to my attention in the Slabs.

I find it interesting that you're in Conway, I was just there maybe three days ago.

EDIT: My bad, I almost forgot to address it, but I meant Love as in lovely LSD hah.

Last edited:

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've known about the site for about six months or so, long after I met those traveling folk. It's existence first brought to my attention in the Slabs.

I find it interesting that you're in Conway, I was just there maybe three days ago.

EDIT: My bad, I almost forgot to address it, but I meant Love as in lovely LSD hah.
I don't know where Conway sc is or how it became my supposed location. Either my account got hacked or the website is trolling me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads