How to turn a pickle into a rucksack

baconrind

Reaction score
I made this for a friend so I dont have pictures. When she comes back Ill try to take some. So use your imagination until then I guess.
Since pickles suck to travel with and are usually easy to come by. Newer ones usually have back pack straps on them already. Which is the kind I used.
So first I cut off the bottom, about half foot (some have reinforced bottoms so there should already be a seam where you need to cut)
You then you take the top peice of the bag (where you made the cut) and push it flush with the bottom of the peice you cut off. Inside. Then sew it back together. This takes away that 1/2 foot.
Here's where the imagination begins.
Have the front of your pack facing you. Try to picture it squared off. Like with side panels. At the top you need you cut a square out of the front down to about where the straps on the back of the pack begin. (dont cut off your side panels)
Now the back piece you didnt cut off becomes the top flap. Just reinforce any cuts you made with some whip stitches. Put holes about and inch down from cut you just did, on the front of the pack, all around to the back flap. Then just string something through the holes for a drawstring.
Any leftover material can be sewn anywhere you wish for pockets.
It was super easy and thus far held together nice. Im pretty crafty though so If anyone's got questions I might can help. Ill put pics up soon as I can get some. :)

Reactions: Runaway Ruby Blue

baconrind

Reaction score
Maybe Ill make another one and just take step by step pictures. Seriously only took me a hour to make it. My only other pickle doesnt have backpack straps so Ill have to add another step.

baconrind

Reaction score
She finally sent me photos and Im too lazy for all the step by steps. Its only as sturdy as you sew it. This one is pretty solid though I didnt reinforce the flap as well as I could have. DSCN2621.JPG P1020727[1].JPG P1020726[1].JPG P1020724[1].JPG P1020730[1].JPG P1020731[1].JPG P1020734[1].JPG

baconrind

Reaction score
Someone tell me if these are big enough??? What the? they are big photos so I didnt want to post them full size but i can change that maybe.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Great post Baconrind... you've just shown me something to do with my ol military duffel.

nice

Also

If I could Id turn rucksacks into food (pickles) I stuff it with cream cheese and bacon, roll it in pancake batter and deep fry it.

I want. :eek:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads