How many of you actually travel with SMART phones? | Squat the Planet

How many of you actually travel with SMART phones?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I know a lot of the life on the road is about rejecting some of the luxuries that "normal" domesticated people have and I know 80 percent of you have cell phones but I am curious how many of you have actual smart phones and use them? I know I carry a super old Android phone from like 2010 with Wifi on it for when I am around free wifi(Which is everywhere now) I can check maps, weather, sunset/sunrise, couchsurfing, craigslist rideshares and STP. Smart phones are extremely useful when on the road, do you use one?

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I've got a Samsung smart phone. I was pretty late on the uptake amongst my friends and to be honest I really didn't want to change from having some piece of shit phone I didn't need to worry about if I lost it and nobody would want to steal it. However, now I have this phone I can really see the benefit. So easy to find info when you're out and about and it's more easily transported than a laptop. The only thing that pisses me off is the battery barely lasts me a day if I'm on the internet a lot.

Reactions: Everymanalion

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I've got a Samsung smart phone. I was pretty late on the uptake amongst my friends and to be honest I really didn't want to change from having some piece of shit phone I didn't need to worry about if I lost it and nobody would want to steal it. However, now I have this phone I can really see the benefit. So easy to find info when you're out and about and it's more easily transported than a laptop. The only thing that pisses me off is the battery barely lasts me a day if I'm on the internet a lot.

Thats what Starbucks/Mcdonalds/Libraries and Truckstops are for;)

E

earthowl

i shamefully have a wal*mart phone, but it gets 1000 minutes n txt and internet on it, and i have never used it up in a month. even though its still a shitty little flip phone, its real smart seeming to me and i use it on the road all the time!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
there's really just too many advantages to having one, especially if you don't need or want to carry around a laptop. i'm using google earth to find a decent spot to set up my tent in the mountains of palm desert tonight :p

K

kokomojoe

I have a Tmobile pay as you go smatphone from walmart, I hate walmart but it's pretty cheap and i get maps/wifi and all that fun stuff, it's also nice to have some music on there too

crow jane

Reaction score
FUX YEAH DAWG, I TRAVEL WITH LIKE FIVE OF THEM SHITS YO

5594598856_18fd60a130_z.jpg

GIVING HELL OF NO FUCKS

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads