How is Palm Springs?

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
By now you've probably heard me run my mouth about how I'm going to slab city next fall or the fall after that, but I figure I'd get some hitching in and test out a route at the same time. So I felt like going to palm springs. I've been oce or twice but never hitched there. I live in LA and the furthest I've ever hitched is this town 50 miles north of san diego (I forget what it's called) so I'm by no means a pro.

Anyway I have three questions.

1. If I were to hitch LA (near LAX so technically Inglewood) to palm springs which route should I take? The CA-60, the I-10, or the CA-91? Either way will get me there I suppose but which route would have the best chance of me getting rides?

2. Should I just say fuck the hitchhiking and take a greyhound?

3. Anyone know if palm springs is traveler friendly? I don't really look too homeless but with an alice pack on will cops give me shit?

Thanks again.

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
By now you've probably heard me run my mouth about how I'm going to slab city next fall or the fall after that, but I figure I'd get some hitching in and test out a route at the same time. So I felt like going to palm springs. I've been oce or twice but never hitched there. I live in LA and the furthest I've ever hitched is this town 50 miles north of san diego (I forget what it's called) so I'm by no means a pro.

Anyway I have three questions.

1. If I were to hitch LA (near LAX so technically Inglewood) to palm springs which route should I take? The CA-60, the I-10, or the CA-91? Either way will get me there I suppose but which route would have the best chance of me getting rides?

2. Should I just say fuck the hitchhiking and take a greyhound?

3. Anyone know if palm springs is traveler friendly? I don't really look too homeless but with an alice pack on will cops give me shit?

Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 11392

If you take a metrolink train to DT Riverside, you can take a bus to Palm Desert for 3 dollars. I would do that vs Greyhound or hitching out of LA.

K

Kim Chee

Hitchhiking in SoCal really sucks. It will probably take you 3 or 4 days to hitch all the way there. If you do it in 2 I'd say you were pretty lucky.

Great place to get a pool boy gig. There's lots of pools there:).

• Useful
Reactions: VikingAdventurer
D

Deleted member 11392

Hitching from Palm Springs is pretty easy. Buses there are 1.25. I-10 is good, Hwy 111 is good east of Indio or at the far west end in Palm Springs at 'windy point." The cops in Palm Springs probably won't fuck with you too much but in the neighboring towns it's highly likely if you're sitting around. I spent ten years in the Coachella Valley.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads