How i to beat a traffic violation in Mexico

B

Benny

Today i was pulled over in the truck by a lady cop on a scooter. The truck isn't technically legal for me to drive. It is registered Anapromex which means it can only be driven by the Mexican who registered it. I'm a very tattooed white gringo driving that truck so thats a big no no here. I don't even have a tourist visa which is another big no no.
I couldn't understand a word she was saying other than infraction.....i know what means. I panicked and handed her 200 pesos. She said no and waved for me to follow her. OHHH SHITTTT....i thought i was going to jail. She just wanted to go around the corner off of the main street to take her bribe. She even shook my hand twice. If this had been in the US, i probably would have lost the car and got some crazy fine. Mexico just keeps getting better.

Good advice : Keep some pesos in your wallet and you can buy your way out of most situations here.

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
I've got a similar story from when I was in Puerto Rico and got pulled over for running a red light, only I didn't have to bribe the cop. Basically the Puerto Rican DMV database can't (or couldn't at the time) accept the number of digits of my WA state driver's license ID number, so the cop straight up told me to not pay the ticket and the only reason he had to give me a one is because of his dash cam.

After giving me my "ticket", he shook my hand and told me to have fun while in PR with a wink and a smile. I asked some locals I knew about this and sure enough the cop was telling the truth and I never paid the $500 something ticket.

B

Benny

Its sad that most cops in the US are on power trips and would love to wreck your life. After being outside of the US for awhile, i can clearly see just how bad it is compared to Mexico.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads