How far can I go in a day?

S

Spork

I need to be in Portland by July 5th.​
My plan is to hitch/couchsurf there, but this will be my first time hitchhiking so I'm not sure how soon I need to leave.​
How many miles can I expect to travel in one day?​

Augustine

Reaction score
Website
spiritlovefreetravel.blogspot.com
It's like Travelin said. There is absolutely no way of being completely certain how much ground you will cover in a day. To be safe, I always give myself an unreasonable time cushion if I'm dealing with a schedule constraint (which I hate to do in any case, but it happens). SO MANY elements factor into the hitchhiking equation...traffic flow, weather, day of week, etc etc etc. Good luck, friend.

S

Spork

Thanks man.

Yeah i guess I'm just trying to figure out how soon I need to take off before hand in order to get there by a certain day.

travelin

Reaction score
if yu seriously gonna be somewhere on a certain day, check megabus to see if you can get there cheap from wherever you are gonna be.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
craigslist rideshares

Reactions: schmutz

kidbob

Reaction score
the avg person (key word is avg) can walk 20 miles in a day with a 50 lbs pack,i dont recomend this if u dont have the stamina or endurance to do so,cause you will walk the bottoms of ur feet off litterally and start working on ur ankles next,and my experiance is about 20 miles a ride as well,distance does vary,alot of things go into the equation,best advice.....lots of sox lots of water,super light pack and plenty of good karma

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads