Question How do you delete your account?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22054
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Trying to delete my account but cant. I knew how to before the website got updated but now i cant figure out how too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Might help if you read through the help section dickhead

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Ah yes. Why didnt i think of that in the first place? Thankyou

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Link for account deletion is broken. And cant find anything on the control panel???

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
I suck i know and im sorry to waste your time

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Might help if you read through the help section dickhead
first off, i'd like to remind you that i'm not here at your fucking beck and call. it's not my job to say 'how high' when you ask me to jump. so take your shit and stow it; if you want help don't insult me.

now first off, i haven't gotten the user self-delete back in place yet. i got a lot of shit on my plate to do after the upgrade. all i can say right now is it's on my to-do list.

second, why do you want to delete your account? did someone disagree with you? did someone offend you in some way? unless you have a really good reason to delete your account, my advice is to grow some fucking balls and act like an adult.

in the meantime, if you want nothing to do with StP, just go to your account settings here:

https://squattheplanet.com/account/preferences

and uncheck all the boxes under email options. you'll never hear from us again.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Sorry to offend you. I just wanted to disappear quitely. No nobody disagreed with me or offended me. Just going through a rough time mentaly and withdrawing. I was talking to myself the whole time on this thread. Didnt mean to offend or upset anybody.

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
if you'd like i will delete your account manually; just say the word.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Yes. Please do. I would have done it myself but wasnt able to. So thats why i asked how to do it. Sorry to upset you and waste your time

Current Location
ADL, Australia
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
On topic, if I deleted my account would all my content be deleted too? Itd like to know I can permanently wipe everything I've contributed to stp in the future.

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
On topic, if I deleted my account would all my content be deleted too? Itd like to know I can permanently wipe everything I've contributed to stp in the future.
no, sorry, we don't do that here. enabling this possibility would literally 'swiss-cheese' threads as threads and posts were deleted.

for example, if you created a thread that someone responded to with something very useful to the community, that content along with the entire thread (created by you) would disappear since deleting the first post in the thread deletes everything in the thread. this is done because otherwise the thread would be 'headless' and be orphaned data in the database and that's always a bad thing (can really mess with a website).

also, even posts that you created (in threads you did not start) would create 'gaps' in the conversation, somewhat ruining the archival value of a message board and making some conversations in the forums make less sense.

we DO offer the ability to 'anonymize' your data in accordance with GRPD laws (sp?) of the EU. that means if you delete your account, the user name will be replaced with 'deleted member #' (see sole survivor's avatar and user name now). all your identifying data is removed (profile, email, avatar, etc). but your posts remain (under the anonymized user name). this does not remove user @ mentions or other people typing your name in posts or in quotes.