hopelessly solo, looking for road dog/friends

Threads
Current Location
East Lansing, MI
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Heyya! I'm stuck in the midwest until a couple days before Halloween because I'm not about to travel with these temporary braces, and that's when I get these suckers off, and due to unforeseen circumstances I've gotta hightail it outta michigan after that. My companion is no longer able to travel with me and is pushing me to leave and come back with stories for him to hear instead of rotting in the Toledo area by myself with nothing to do. I'm extremely new to the travelling lifestyle and am hoping to meet stp people and make some new friends along the way!

Threads
Current Location
Mississippi
Reactions
70% 8% 22%
If your headed to the south I would like to hang

Threads
Current Location
New Orleans
Reactions
96% 1% 3%
Are ya hitching, rubber tramping? How ya traveling? ... Just before Halloween, tough - lots of folks roll into New Orleans for Halloween - tight timeline, probably not make it... Sad, it's a sight!!

Otherwise, tons on the group heading to Slabs (south cali) for the group Jamboree... Another possible meet & greet opportunity for finding road dawgs & stretching the travellers legs...

How ya rolling becomes the all important mediator in juggling timeframe... :)

(Never having done it myself) I recommend Against train-hopping solo style, for the inexperienced traveller.

Threads
Current Location
Mississippi
Reactions
70% 8% 22%
I in my van in Biloxi ms if any traveler is in this area

OP
OP
Ayias
Threads
Current Location
East Lansing, MI
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Are ya hitching, rubber tramping? How ya traveling? ... Just before Halloween, tough - lots of folks roll into New Orleans for Halloween - tight timeline, probably not make it... Sad, it's a sight!!

Otherwise, tons on the group heading to Slabs (south cali) for the group Jamboree... Another possible meet & greet opportunity for finding road dawgs & stretching the travellers legs...

How ya rolling becomes the all important mediator in juggling timeframe... :)

(Never having done it myself) I recommend Against train-hopping solo style, for the inexperienced traveller.
I'm still not entirely sure on that one, to be honest. We've always just hoofed it everywhere or had extreme luck and managed to have a friend heading wherever we were wanting to go so we'd hop in with them, it'd probably be rubber tramping though honestly, I'm getting my wheels fixed up soon so hopefully that all goes well ahh

Threads
Current Location
Grand Rapids, MI
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey! My brother and I are heading down to Nawlins in a few days, let me know when you make it down and we can hang!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
random quesition, but do you know natasha bancroft? lives in east lansing... old travel buddy

anyways, i forgot did you say you were coming to the jambo? good opportunity to meet some other travelers and find people to travel with. even if you have to take a bus out here, i'd say you have about an 80% chance of finding someone to travel with and/or a ride to your next destination...

OP
OP
Ayias
Threads
Current Location
East Lansing, MI
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
random quesition, but do you know natasha bancroft? lives in east lansing... old travel buddy

anyways, i forgot did you say you were coming to the jambo? good opportunity to meet some other travelers and find people to travel with. even if you have to take a bus out here, i'd say you have about an 80% chance of finding someone to travel with and/or a ride to your next destination...
I feel like I've definitely heard the name before and I think she's mutual friends with some of my friends on Facebook. I also have a tendancy to say hello to everyone and anyone so maybe that's it lmao

As far as jambo goes. It's absolutely 100 percent on my wanting to do list. And I should definitely be able to make it. I'm just terrified of being a stranded solo out in cali. I'm planning on being there. Even if it means I gotta greyhound it out there, it's worth it haha

Threads
Current Location
Big Sur/Gorda
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
Hi my name is Joe and I am a 32 your old Male. I love the outdoors, people and dancing. I am a ca local. I have great work opportunities for work while traveling depending on your situation and how open minded you are. But the funds are there and we could trevel and travel and travel some more. Also I would love to go halves on a small rv or small truck to travel in. Please text me as a will get it quicker than messages on here. My number is 805 947 0370. I hope you are having a beautiful day and I will talk to you soon.

Threads
Current Location
NYC
Reactions
81% 8% 12%
I in my van in Biloxi ms if any traveler is in this area
Holy shit it must be hot down there in a van, no? Little too far south for this time of year imo..

Threads
Current Location
Mississippi
Reactions
70% 8% 22%
Holy shit it must be hot down there in a van, no? Little too far south for this time of year imo..
Yes it is hot and we are at a farm crashing close to Gulfport now till we get the money up to head north there are still gd p out there

Threads
Current Location
Ventura, California
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
Heyya! I'm stuck in the midwest until a couple days before Halloween because I'm not about to travel with these temporary braces, and that's when I get these suckers off, and due to unforeseen circumstances I've gotta hightail it outta michigan after that. My companion is no longer able to travel with me and is pushing me to leave and come back with stories for him to hear instead of rotting in the Toledo area by myself with nothing to do. I'm extremely new to the travelling lifestyle and am hoping to meet stp people and make some new friends along the way!
Hey hit me up