hopelessly solo, looking for road dog/friends

Current Location
East Lansing, MI
Heyya! I'm stuck in the midwest until a couple days before Halloween because I'm not about to travel with these temporary braces, and that's when I get these suckers off, and due to unforeseen circumstances I've gotta hightail it outta michigan after that. My companion is no longer able to travel with me and is pushing me to leave and come back with stories for him to hear instead of rotting in the Toledo area by myself with nothing to do. I'm extremely new to the travelling lifestyle and am hoping to meet stp people and make some new friends along the way!

Current Location
New Orleans
Are ya hitching, rubber tramping? How ya traveling? ... Just before Halloween, tough - lots of folks roll into New Orleans for Halloween - tight timeline, probably not make it... Sad, it's a sight!!

Otherwise, tons on the group heading to Slabs (south cali) for the group Jamboree... Another possible meet & greet opportunity for finding road dawgs & stretching the travellers legs...

How ya rolling becomes the all important mediator in juggling timeframe... :)

(Never having done it myself) I recommend Against train-hopping solo style, for the inexperienced traveller.

Current Location
East Lansing, MI
Are ya hitching, rubber tramping? How ya traveling? ... Just before Halloween, tough - lots of folks roll into New Orleans for Halloween - tight timeline, probably not make it... Sad, it's a sight!!

Otherwise, tons on the group heading to Slabs (south cali) for the group Jamboree... Another possible meet & greet opportunity for finding road dawgs & stretching the travellers legs...

How ya rolling becomes the all important mediator in juggling timeframe... :)

(Never having done it myself) I recommend Against train-hopping solo style, for the inexperienced traveller.
I'm still not entirely sure on that one, to be honest. We've always just hoofed it everywhere or had extreme luck and managed to have a friend heading wherever we were wanting to go so we'd hop in with them, it'd probably be rubber tramping though honestly, I'm getting my wheels fixed up soon so hopefully that all goes well ahh

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
random quesition, but do you know natasha bancroft? lives in east lansing... old travel buddy

anyways, i forgot did you say you were coming to the jambo? good opportunity to meet some other travelers and find people to travel with. even if you have to take a bus out here, i'd say you have about an 80% chance of finding someone to travel with and/or a ride to your next destination...

Current Location
East Lansing, MI
random quesition, but do you know natasha bancroft? lives in east lansing... old travel buddy

anyways, i forgot did you say you were coming to the jambo? good opportunity to meet some other travelers and find people to travel with. even if you have to take a bus out here, i'd say you have about an 80% chance of finding someone to travel with and/or a ride to your next destination...
I feel like I've definitely heard the name before and I think she's mutual friends with some of my friends on Facebook. I also have a tendancy to say hello to everyone and anyone so maybe that's it lmao

As far as jambo goes. It's absolutely 100 percent on my wanting to do list. And I should definitely be able to make it. I'm just terrified of being a stranded solo out in cali. I'm planning on being there. Even if it means I gotta greyhound it out there, it's worth it haha

Current Location
Big Sur/Gorda
Hi my name is Joe and I am a 32 your old Male. I love the outdoors, people and dancing. I am a ca local. I have great work opportunities for work while traveling depending on your situation and how open minded you are. But the funds are there and we could trevel and travel and travel some more. Also I would love to go halves on a small rv or small truck to travel in. Please text me as a will get it quicker than messages on here. My number is 805 947 0370. I hope you are having a beautiful day and I will talk to you soon.

Current Location
Ventura, California
Heyya! I'm stuck in the midwest until a couple days before Halloween because I'm not about to travel with these temporary braces, and that's when I get these suckers off, and due to unforeseen circumstances I've gotta hightail it outta michigan after that. My companion is no longer able to travel with me and is pushing me to leave and come back with stories for him to hear instead of rotting in the Toledo area by myself with nothing to do. I'm extremely new to the travelling lifestyle and am hoping to meet stp people and make some new friends along the way!
Hey hit me up

Current Location
oregon
If you make it to Arizona hit me up! I tend to bounce around northern half of Arizona alot. Well I tend to bounce around the west half of the country alot, but I always come back to Arizonafor some reason. Arizona and Oregon, but anyways, I feel your pain... It's hard to find or keep in contact with travelling partners. Everytime I meet someone cool I'm either leaving or they're leaving or they can't leave or something and we part ways... It's hard to find people who live a nomadic life and want to be friends. I travelled Hy bicycle, motorcycle, on foot, hitch hiking, and in vans as times changed and I had to adapt.

Anyways, I'm back in Arizona and I've still got my van, just trying to figure it out and search for community... I'd like to meet some like minded people in Flagstaff or Sedona this year. Hit me up if you come out this way