Homemade sandals cheap and easy

K

Kim Chee

I saw some recent posts on how to slicky some boots/shoes whatever. The day may come when there are no stores to steal from and you'll need to make your own. May not be as nice as some footwear made for profit, but it is a good thing to be self reliant:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Simple-Mans-Wandering-Sandals-from-Plastic-Bot/

The Simple Mans Wandering Sandals from Plastic Bottles
by Lftndbt

FVX2RO0FPWWRCCU.MEDIUM.jpg
FNI7EGQFPWWRCDJ.MEDIUM.jpg
FJ8CWI4FQ2DZCP4.MEDIUM.jpg
Trying to tread lightly on this planet? This Instructable will teach you how to fashion some basic wanderers sandals from discarded soda bottles.

This is a entry to the "Keep the bottle" contest. Please take the time to vote if you think the idea, is worth me getting a prize for it. I would really enjoy the prize, so please vote.

Feel free to check out some of my other bottle projects.

High Quality Cups from Water bottles

Recycle Reminder Lamp from Water bottles

High fashion Earrings from water bottles

Mouse / Rat Trap from Water bottle

The Simple Mans Shower Caddy from Water bottle

FLPFOPMFPWWRC1V.MEDIUM.jpg
pixel.png
pixel.png
~ 2 X Soda bottles.

~ Scissors.

~ Some cord.

~ Duct tape.

~ Your choice of lining. I have used Astro turf.

FYSNEAWFQ2DZC5L.MEDIUM.jpg
Take your bottle and cut the base off. Make the cut about 1 inch above the bottom.

Now squash the bottle flat.

Mark three points for cord mounting. Position holes as pictured.
Cut small holes to feed the cord through. At the neck you will need two small holes to feed the cord through.

F2B6SUAFPWWRC3H.MEDIUM.jpg
Take your cord and tie a knot in one end. Start at one side and feed the cord through the points. Make sure it is secure, as you do not want it to come undone during your travels.

FFR03TKFQ2DZC4I.MEDIUM.jpg

pixel.png
Take your lining and using a shoe or thong as a template, cut out a rough shape.

Cut a slit to accomodate the cord.

Apply your duct tape to hold the lining in position.

FMFG7FCFQ2DZBR0.MEDIUM.jpg
pixel.png
pixel.png
Your finished now, it is time to venture. Try your snazzy new thongs out and about.

If ever you have an issue another bottle is not far away.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads