homeless winter in nyc? | Squat the Planet

homeless winter in nyc?

ipoPua

Reaction score
my plan for ages has been to go west for this winter but circumstances are making me seriously reconsider. this girl i really care about is super sick and i dont want to be so far away from her. i'm desperate to see the west but i've never spent any real time in nyc and i'd be happy enough knowing i was closer to home and still having a big experience. i just figured i'd ask you guys what you thought about it first, thanks in advance

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
NYC doesn't suck nearly as bad as the midwest in the winter, but it still gets fuckin cold, like ice crystals in the nose cold (was there for 4 years, incl winters). Aside from that I'd totally take a NYC winter over a Chicago winter any day.

ipoPua

Reaction score
i think i could handle it easily, i've lived in buffalo my whole life and it couldnt be hard to find a warm place to sit inside, i mean its new york city. plus itd just be so idyllic, winter in new york i mean there've been a million love stories and daydreams built on that. i know it'll be hard but it'll be hard no matter where i go, and at least i wouldnt have to deal with mosquitoes lol. i really wanna get to the redwoods and washington rainforests and all that but as long as we dont get nuked to hell this december ill still have time. and itd definitely be a just about equally amazing experience

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
Fuck yea dude, NYC is awesome, my favorite city hands down and I need to get back there bad, even if it's only to visit.

As for wilderness, you really can't beat the PNW (if you include western montana in that as well, cos western montana is just tits), redwoods, rainforests, mountains, tons of places to get lost, camp, hike, float, etc... definitely good fun in warm season.

Reactions: ipoPua

ipoPua

Reaction score
for sure man i definitely cant wait t be out there. but i know id enjoy new york just about as much and its a way more practical option for now, im definitely leaning that way

maximussupertramp

Reaction score
i love new york city, im actually going back this winter as well. The garbages in new york city are filled with dreams. My brother and freinds have an apartment in upper manhattan and they said i could stay with them, but that's no fun. gonna be looking for squat as soon as i get up there, would this be something you'd be interested in? sqauts are always more fun the more kids you pack into them :)

ipoPua

Reaction score
id be open to the idea, ive never lived in a squat. im kind of a loner for the most part but having a bunch of bodies around'd definitely help with the cold

skitter

Reaction score
It's really cold there. I'd never winter somewhere outdoors in the cold by choice... yick.
Everyone that didn't leave this fall is holed up somewhere drinking heavily I'm sure, haven't heard of anyone dying!
Even my ambitious friend who wanted to homebum it in Queens seemed to have some second thoughts about winters there; wonder what he's up to now that it's not August and hot as fuck.

ipoPua

Reaction score
i ended up just staying home n doing too much dxm, worst winter of my life. now i have court for some retarded graffiti shit(quarterlifecrisis) n im stuck here for at least another month, might end up on probation, moral of the story dont be a dumbshit

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads