News & Blogs homeless man beaten by cops for sleeping at synagogue w/video

P

Pheonix

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...armed-shirtless-ehud-halevi-jewish-synagogues

A recently released video (below) shows a New York police officer beating a shirtless man, Ehud Halevi, in the basement of the Aliya Institute youth center in Brooklyn, New York.

On October 8, two police officers were called by volunteer security guard Zlamy Trappler, who found Halev sleeping in the youth center's lounge, reports the Daily Mail.

The video seems to show an unidentified male police officer trying to arrest Halevi. At that moment, Halevi looks like he refuses. From there, the male officer punches Halevi numerous times, while a female officer uses pepper spray and a truncheon against Halevi.

The beating continues until eight more officers arrive to restrain the unarmed, injured man.

The NYPD has not yet responded to the video, but some sources told CrownHeights.Info that the man was allowed to stay at the center.

K

kokomojoe

The NYPD is probably more corrupt than any other law enforcement. I feel sorry for the guy and hope everything turns out for the best.

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
And this makes me not to wanna go to the police state capital of this awesome free country.He just got his daily dose of freedom!

8 cops for one homeless person.Man o man the shit i dealt with already is quite retarded.It truly seems to be that the pigs have nothing else to do then to pester the homeless from what i have been dealt with already.They really serve no other use besides that and generating money for the soon to fail states.

Oh well just another nail in the coffin for amerika.

K

Kim Chee

I'm not justifying the actions of the officers in the video. I am not saying that the shirtless gentleman deserved arrest/beating. I will tell you that if you don't comply when arrest is imminent, this is how it is often handled (even outside NY).

Resisting arrest.

P

Pheonix

I'm not justifying the actions of the officers in the video. I am not saying that the shirtless gentleman deserved arrest/beating. I will tell you that if you don't comply when arrest is imminent, this is how it is often handled (even outside NY).

Resisting arrest.

I agree, I think the real asshole here was the volunteer security guard that called the cops on a homeless man that had permission to be there.

Melody

Reaction score
Fuck, 12 cops for one homeless dude. You'd think in New York there'd be something else going on for the ten extra, like a real crime. And I hate when, even though you're already on the ground, they put their knee in the back of your head, especially on pavement.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads