hiya

Tad

Reaction score
Website
www.dntrecords.com
I created this account a while ago but it was just recently "approved" or something. anyway, I've been traveling every summer and winter for the past couple of years (I go to school in the spring and fall). I've been up and down the west coast a couple times and just returned from a trip to new orleans. (I've been all over the country, but have only trainhopped/hitchhiked on the west coast and the south/southwest the rest were "roadtrips" or flying) I live in san francisco right now but am getting tired of the high cost of living (I actually don't pay too much for rent, but granted my room is a closet--only 6x6)

I love riding trains and smoking weed..and reading (phlilip k dick, richard brautigan, william burroughs, jg ballard, etc.). if you met me you'd probably make fun of the way I dress because I hate wearing black/dark clothes. I wear a lot of striped shirts, courdoroy pants, sweaters in the winter.. I like sending & receiving postcards and letters

my brother is Nick Cofphee. I've traveled with connerR, JoeGerminate, and a couple other people on here but I don't know their usernames..

:zombie:

:soldier:

bfalk420

Reaction score
I created this account a while ago but it was just recently "approved" or something. anyway, I've been traveling every summer and winter for the past couple of years (I go to school in the spring and fall). I've been up and down the west coast a couple times and just returned from a trip to new orleans. (I've been all over the country, but have only trainhopped/hitchhiked on the west coast and the south/southwest the rest were "roadtrips" or flying) I live in san francisco right now but am getting tired of the high cost of living (I actually don't pay too much for rent, but granted my room is a closet--only 6x6)

I love riding trains and smoking weed..and reading (phlilip k dick, richard brautigan, william burroughs, jg ballard, etc.). if you met me you'd probably make fun of the way I dress because I hate wearing black/dark clothes. I wear a lot of striped shirts, courdoroy pants, sweaters in the winter.. I like sending & receiving postcards and letters

my brother is Nick Cofphee. I've traveled with connerR, JoeGerminate, and a couple other people on here but I don't know their usernames..
:zombie:

:soldier:
Living in San Fran............you should check out The Jugtown Pirates.........a jug band.........they play all over town ....good friends of mine.http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/jugtownpirates

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Damn, 6x6?! Ima start calling you harry potter yo!! haha. welcome ta stp, see ya on the road yo!

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Website
www.brandonwilliamson.webs.com
Hello Tad, I dress like a square too so no worries mate! Welcome to StP..
-b

stove

Reaction score
I LOOK like a sphere, but dress like a hippy.

Sup Tad, we met at ~4AM when NickC, his buddy (can't recall the name) and I drove up heading out to the StP fest. Welcome aboard!

Pickles

Reaction score
I look like a hippie, but I dress..... well, actually, I sort of dress like a hippie too. But I'm not one. I promise. Welcome to STP man, haha I lived in a closet for about two months too! I always say I crashed on his couch, which I did occasionally after a late night o boozin, but I was living in his walk-in closet, which was actually about 6x7 at the largest point, but had a bunch of boxes and shit near the wall, which made it just big enough for one person to either stand or lay down on the floor. It had a window, which was nice, but no door. Which was not nice. I didn't pay rent though you poor sucker! Anyway, I feel your pain buddy, good luck gettin outta there!

Tad

Reaction score
Website
www.dntrecords.com
hey I didn't say I dress like a square. if anything, a cube. I aint no two-dimension'.. yeah my "room" doesn't have a window..well actually it does, but it only leads to the hallway. there's now a heater in here, which makes it more like a glorified oven. I don't really mind the size, I just hate what I pay for the size ($430...$12 a square foot) but I'm not working a "real" job right now, the record label I run covers that, and I'm going to school, studying anthropology, so life is pretty good. I can't wait until summer, though, so I can travel...

Pickles

Reaction score
Fuck man, you own a record label? And you're paying to sleep in a closet? Haha just kidding, I know how shit goes sometimes. That's fuckin expensive though. Guess frisco isn't the best place to be renting right now?

That's awesome about the school deal though. I'm gonna be takin off again at the end of the month going south, I'll probably pass through san fran, so if you're still around, maybe we can meet up?

Tad

Reaction score
Website
www.dntrecords.com
Fuck man, you own a record label? And you're paying to sleep in a closet? Haha just kidding, I know how shit goes sometimes. That's fuckin expensive though. Guess frisco isn't the best place to be renting right now?

yeah, it's expensive to live here, but I love this city, so many beautiful parks/hills, and of course the fog

I'm gonna be takin off again at the end of the month going south, I'll probably pass through san fran, so if you're still around, maybe we can meet up?

that'd be cool, let me know when you're coming through

Pickles

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a really good vibe from the city first time I was there, it's got a very open atmosphere, you don't feel forced to adapt to the city, rather the city seems to adapt to every new visitor. The second time was a different story, but that was cause... well, cause it was a different story, you know? Really like the bay area though. I'm looking forward to passing through, if I do.

Tad

Reaction score
Website
www.dntrecords.com
a lot of people seem to hate SF. I'm sure it's not the best place for travelers, but excluding that from judgement, it's a cool place I think. the touristy areas suck, but isn't that true of every city?

Pickles

Reaction score
Absolutely. Looks like I'll be passing through in maybe a week or so with my buddy. I'll hit you up if we do.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads