hitching with dog and brown person | Squat the Planet

hitching with dog and brown person

Ri Raw

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have done a good deal of hitching around the country but have always been by myself or with another girl. I have never had a problem catching rides and usually get pretty far just getting a good ride with a trucker. I am about to head west on 40 out of NC then up through colorado. I will have my dog and will be with a brown guy. Just wondering how y'all think this will effect the rides we get. Will truckers still pick you up with a dog? How much does racism effect your hitching luck? tips, tricks, and personal stories all welcome!

RainyDaze

Reaction score
Being a brownie myself, hitching with dogs and non-brownies, I've had a great experience. Only real prejudice I've ever experienced on the road was non-racial. It was due to us being dirty kids. Now that I think of it though, I have been picked up just because I was a black guy and people were curious as to what the hell I was doing out there. Fun times. Once again I agree with Leadbelly. Whoever wants to pick you up is going to pick you up. Safe travels!

Reactions: psychofoamer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads