hitching from reno | Squat the Planet

hitching from reno

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Yea man there's a bus that goes up to south lake tahoe from carson city for about 7 bucks though you will probably have to take a city bus to carson. In south tahoe there's a grey hound for about 20 to sac or about 15 or more to placerville. But its good hitchin hwy 50 probly get a ride all the way to sac just put your thumb out a little ways past the "Y". But realise its cold as shit up in the mountains this time of year. Maybe snowing. My folks said there wasn't much snow right now but it could hit.

Reactions: hitchingpdx

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Well here's the info on the bus looks like it picks up in multiple places. http://www.tahoetransportation.org/transit/south-shore-services . Might be rough walking up in the mountains but could make for a good adventure! Probly some friendly folks willing to give you a ride if your looking for one. I've seen crazy people biking down hwy 50 back in the day with tons of shit stacked on their bike it was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: hitchingpdx

hitchingpdx

Reaction score
Well here's the info on the bus looks like it picks up in multiple places. http://www.tahoetransportation.org/transit/south-shore-services . Might be rough walking up in the mountains but could make for a good adventure! Probly some friendly folks willing to give you a ride if your looking for one. I've seen crazy people biking down hwy 50 back in the day with tons of shit stacked on their bike it was pretty awesome.
yeah i've been told i shouldn't have that much of a problem hitching from tahoe towards the sacramento area

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads