Hitchin out

Rancho

Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to hitch outta Tulsa by the 18 th of December anyone blowin through? Im trying to get somewhere warm wait out the winter. Any advice would be apperciated.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
keep your mind wide open.....first focus on staying warm, dry and fed....then focus on having fun, laughing, and gittin into awesome adventures........

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix
E

Earth

Knew a girl - a young girl - from here (STP) that hitched out from Arkansas or something like that out to the pacific northwest then to LA buy simply riding the big rigs...
She had the nerve to complain that it wasn't a direct route, I told her she got to see more of America for free in one week than most do in a lifetime and decided I did not need to be associated with those who complain about petty bullshit.

Believe she did it a second time - out to Seattle - for that gathering thing which happened maybe in July??
Forget her name, she's crazy young - but she still pulled it off......

Want to say she had a gps enabled phone and let her friends know where she was at, kinda like a tracking device if something went wrong... but I could be making that up.
Anyway, it worked for her.....

Just be safe no matter which route you go.

Rancho

Reaction score
I know I'm picking a rough time of the year to hop out but I'm hoping I can make something work no turnpikes got it haha I'm just trying to find an urban area that is fairly warm to wait out winter until I can get on the rails.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
anywhere in cali south of SF is guaranteed nice weather all winter

Tantchula

Reaction score
I'm in AZ planning to hitch home sweet home in NC to see family for the holidays. I'm still on the fence about this hitch because its a bit last minute but that's usually was makes if fun for me. I'll know for sure in a few days so if you decide to head east and still need a hitching partner i could help ya out. As for the time of year, I personally love the cold and have done much travelling in it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads