Hitched to Halifax | Squat the Planet

Hitched to Halifax

AG Golda

Reaction score
Was my first hitch hiking experience... I started in NB which is supposedly the easiest place in canada to hitch out of .... I had great luck but made some mistakes that are already pointed out on this site. Looking at my cellphone at maps and smoking hurt my chances a couple of times, as well as poor choice for where to stand! I found if I was ever unsure, if I walked a bit farther down the on ramp, the "where to stand" becomes clear depending on shoulder size and where the on ramp ends. Once I got to NS I was so lucky to have the guidance of a fellow StP member who was experienced with the route I was taking and was able to help me learn along the way. I have now made it into halifax and will be familiarizing myself with city resources while planning a way to start heading west :D love this site and community always, good vibes to all !

Attachments

• 20210516_183131.jpg
    20210516_183131.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 197
  • 20210516_201217.jpg
    20210516_201217.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 169

plumfae

Reaction score
awesome!! that sounds like a great trip so far. I never heard that NB was the easiest to hitch out of, I'll have to see for myself eventually.

just curious, how was the cross into NS? Assuming this was very recent, Nova Scotia has said they've closed their border to travellers into the province (unless just driving through). A friend of mine is hoping to head the other way next week, from Newfoundland.

AG Golda

Reaction score
Haha I only read about it and that source also said, by the same token, fredericton is impossible to hitch out of, which I cant contest to but will still try to avoid lol... You'll definitely have to let me know what you think, when you head this way 🤩

D

Deleted member 30614

I hitched from NB to NL in 2016. Fredericton was impossible no matter which direction I tried. Ended up taking the bus to Saint John.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads