Hi. | Squat the Planet

Hi.

Zippy Blamo

fucking old
Reaction score
Hi. It's me, Zippy!

I was a travel kid when my knees and back worked right

But then they didn't, so I got a shitty office job

But now my soul is dying and I've decided that's more important than my back and knees

So now I'm seeing what this world is like now that I'm old

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
try to use more descriptive titles in your future threads.

Zippy Blamo

fucking old
Reaction score
Being stuck in an office job is suffocating. Hopefully you are in a position to where you can save your money and live below your means in a manner conducive to escaping the need for it altogether.

Depends on what you mean - retire and never want for money or material goods? No, not at all. Buy and convert a van? Much more doable.

Zippy Blamo

fucking old
Reaction score
That all sounds wonderful - genuinely, no sarcasm! - and is a very ambitious long-term plan. I don't have the kind of capital required to get everything like that set up, but it's supremely encouraging and inspiring to see other people's goals. Maybe I'll ape some of them myself - that's what community is for, right?

I did a long stretch of my life homeless, so I'm not afraid of minimalism - having a converted van and a cell phone would certainly be a leg up on my youth - but I want to develop some kind of plan or security before I hit the skids as an old man.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads