Hi, ya'll! Sock Monkey Queen, flying through! | Squat the Planet

Hi, ya'll! Sock Monkey Queen, flying through!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
It's been soooo long, I need to reintroduce myself.

Anybody here I still know? Odin? Pat? Matt...hey!

Anybody else, what's happening?

Been busy with mundane life. I've taken my art and music back up...Celtic Viking and Gothic Ambient, so I've been busy.

Not to mention, I still have my Outreach for WanderFolk, so...yeah...I'm one busy Sock Monkey Queen.

Still a wandering bohemian in my heart and always will be.

Peace and love, ya'll! Catch me up on how ya'll are!

Reactions: NightWalk and Dmac

Dmac

Reaction score
I haven’t seen Odin post in a while he was on the discord chat mostly.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey @Andrea Van Scoyoc, nice to hear from you again! Pat hasn't been on in a while, she's moved to admin'ing a few traveler kid facebook groups, although she still has her account here at @Tude. remind me, what's this Outreach for WanderFolk thing? sounds awesome

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
hey @Andrea Van Scoyoc, nice to hear from you again! Pat hasn't been on in a while, she's moved to admin'ing a few traveler kid facebook groups, although she still has her account here at @Tude. remind me, what's this Outreach for WanderFolk thing? sounds awesome
Hey, Matt! Really good to hear from you.

Looking good! Life must be treating you well! 🤜🏻🤛🏻

My Outreach is for Wanderfolk needing things.

Say, a couple of my fellow nomads are in my neck of the woods and run out of shampoo or any other necessities.

I've got that covered.

Old clothes and need a change? Hit me up...if I have it, it's yours.

Need a meal? Let's pop in to whatever is close (here in Florida, there's a WaWa or Racetrack convenience store, any number of Chinese fast food restaurants and of course, McDonald's on practically EVERY corner) and I've got you.

Down in the dumps and just need to know someone cares? Need an extra pair of wings watching over you while you travel? Let me know. There's an incense stick with your name on it just waiting to be burned.

Thanks for letting me know about Pat. I bet she could use my Outreach too.

☮️

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
Hi @Andrea Van Scoyoc! Still here but mostly just reading, not posting much since I don't travel at the moment.

Greetings from Germany! :)
Hey, you!

I don't travel these days, either. Wish I could, but...maybe one day.

My Outreach keeps me busy, so I still have one foot in the Wander World.

Good to hear from you! ✌🏻

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
Hey stranger how did you transition and settle down
Hey, you!

Well, I never have lived the Wander Life. I've always been your typical 9-5 workaholic until about 10 years ago when I lost my good corporate job/benefits (typical story...owner sold the company and the new owners didn't want his baggage. Luckily, I was a kick ass Secretary and landed an Executive Admin job to one of the big wigs, but after giving me a raise and a promotion, they claimed they couldn't afford me and I, along with what was left of the "old guard" was let go, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012) and then, due to my age, couldn't find work.

It was then I realized there was something to the talk of corporate American being a sham and immersed myself into the Wander Life by opening my Outreach and found this wonderful place.

Now retired and going on 28 years of marriage, my heart still wanders, but I'll forever be stationary, just helping my fellow Nomad Brothers and Sisters, out if they need.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Nice, I'm really glad to hear that's working out and it's such a great way to help without the necessity of being a nomad yourself. I'd like to do gear giveaways to those that have their stuff stolen/lost here through StP as well someday. Are you still in Florida? I'm brainstorming a project where I interview people in and out of our community that I think are doing interesting things, and I think it might be fun to highlight your project at some point. I'm not getting on the road until May, but maybe I can swing by and say hi?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads