Suggestion Hi, why are my posts being hidden? (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
If you're referring to the recent post you made in the untrustworthy section, it was deleted. The untrustworthy section is heavily moderated as stated in it's forum description, meaning any posts that don't directly contribute information to the person in the thread are removed by moderators.

this is stated by the sticky thread here:

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
on a side note, folks should know that if your post/thread seems to 'disappear' it's likely because the forum system placed it in the 'moderation queue'. meaning, a list of hidden posts that don't get shown the the public until a moderator approves (or rejects) the post/thread.

so it's not technically missing/deleted, it just hasn't been approved by a mod yet. if the content is rejected, it will not appear publicly on the website. this almost never occurs anywhere except the untrustworthy section (because all content there must be approved by a mod) or when the forum software suspects spam.

i realize that the system could be more communicative, and i am working on finding a way to have notifications sent when your posts are held for approval, or denied (with a reason why).

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
If you're referring to the recent post you made in the untrustworthy section, it was deleted.
just to clarify, @salxtina, your first post in the untrustworthy section was rejected (the shorter one).

your second post:

Ok several recent comments here ar making conjectures based on pretty big double standards - for instance leaving children in the custody of another parent is something men routinely get away with, aren't seen as crazy for, and that's largely enabled much of male adventuring around the world tbh. Also besides the trying to diagnose a "personality disorder" through typing patterns, though to be fair that's no more obscene than what psychologists routinely do, "Mental Troubles" is so vague as to be meaningless. Does it specifically mean psychosis, or just having beliefs or ethics that we disagree with?

My first post didn't seem to come through so here's trying again- Whatever happened personally between you and this woman, I'm sorry. But her having been in a psych institution is wholly irrelevant to the story.
Prison abolition means nuthouses too.

And with all the how-to-scam posts written in the Making A Living section, let's not act like pretending to want sex for survival cash should be so anathema to this community.
was held in the moderation queue at the time you created this thread. unfortunately it doesn't contribute to the content of that thread, so I've rejected it.

OP
salxtina

salxtina

Rambler
Current Location
Holyoke, MA
Ok cool, so can we clarify what is being contributed to the discussion by keyboard-diagnosing people with psychiatric labels?

There is also nothing added by posting gaslighting wishes for the woman in question to get "professional help to survive" - She's already made it quite clear that professional help DOES NOT aid her survival, and people would be more honest/on-point to keep focused on THEIR OWN needs - ie, staying away from or warning each other about her. Rather than pretending to know her needs.

The points I raised also seemed necessary because there were repeated, grossly-ableist assertions that people with various psychiatric labels "could not be responsible for their actions."

Last edited:

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
@salxtina Let me try to make this clear, the posts in that section of the forum are monitored to keep the drama to a minimum and to keep irrelevant posts from clogging up the thread, just like Matt already explained.

I don't think anybody is keyboard diagnosing people, we sure as shit don't get paid enough to do that.

If you for whatever reason feel like we are being biased or unfair to somebody please feel free to let me know personally because there's really nothing that I love more then trying my best to explain to grown ass adults the pretty simple process of handling this sort of thing to be honest with you I can't get a erection otherwise.

If you are concerned about how this person is being portrayed or treated you are more then welcome to send them a message.

OP
salxtina

salxtina

Rambler
Current Location
Holyoke, MA
There are, pretty clearly, posts approved as replies that are just value judgements and assumptions about that woman's mental state / psychosocial disabilities.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
There are, pretty clearly, posts approved as replies that are just value judgements and assumptions about that woman's mental state / psychosocial disabilities.
i agree somewhat that our moderating policy could be a bit more consistent, but we're honestly just trying to do our best as a group of volunteers that only have so much spare time to go over each other's posts. denying your post was nothing personal, i just felt like debate over the responsibility of one's actions based on mental state would probably best be done in it's own thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I have a pretty good new squat in sfe but im leaving soon if anyone wants the keys lmk.
The peavine is gorgeous, I highly recommend that route.
Fucking winter snuck up this year
Damn It! I've been thinking and debating about applying for a position as an Amtrash locomotive engineer! They have openings for Salt Lake City, UT and St. Cloud, MN. I know I got to go through training but I'll be on call 24/7? There goes my sex life and night time weekend parties! Screw that, I'll play with my train set-No Pun=No Joke!
Made back up into Cincy for the weekend. Gonna chill with some homies before we head west for the winter..
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.' -Elie Wiesel
Bey
First Vermont snowfall; Bon hiver, everybody!
anybody up in alaska wanna play some tunes?
Supposed Mocha wrote on Chimpsarereal's profile.
Oh youre already in MI! I feel dense now, I'm in GR myself and could meet around here or West MI

Members online