Hi! Trans girl needs help in Michigan. | Squat the Planet

Hi! Trans girl needs help in Michigan.

Reaction score
I live near Traverse City currently, welcome to the area.

A word of warning though, there are lots of extremely conservative folks up here, lots of prejudice. Traverse City in general is fairly progressive and welcoming to new faces and alternative lifestyles. The surrounding smaller towns, can be a different story.

I’m not mentioning this to scare or discourage you. This area has a lot to offer and there are many good people around here too.

Take care and good luck.

Reaction score
Wow, lots of hostility from Northern Michigan! You see the irony here don’t you?

The truth is over the course of the last thirty years I’ve lived all over the country. If you slow down and reread my post you’ll notice that i said TC is welcoming and for the most part people in the surrounding areas are great. But I have personally run into some unsavory, back woods, nazi scum bags up here. I felt like a word of warning was warranted. Not sure why that offends you so much, but it seems like your problem not mine.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Aw I have a friend or 2 in Detroit i was gonna try to connect you with. Queer Solidarity! Just don't feel afraid to skip town if somewhere doesn't feel right, there's lots of rad places to stick around (and yes, many more garbage places to get stuck in). But yah, stay active on here and there's lots of good people who are happy to help a fellow drifter ^.^

moderntrivia

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I deleted the comment because maybe I did go too far. Please don't forgive me. I'm just sick of people who talk like Traverse City is some progressive oasis. The yuppies and hipsters in this town have made me overly sensitive to pretentiousness. This place is not as special as people - especially the locals from the downtown neighborhoods where I spent ten years of my childhood - make it out to be. I'll accept douchebaggery from people living in GR but not this little circle jerk up north.

Reaction score
I deleted the comment because maybe I did go too far. Please don't forgive me. I'm just sick of people who talk like Traverse City is some progressive oasis. The yuppies and hipsters in this town have made me overly sensitive to pretentiousness. This place is not as special as people - especially the locals from the downtown neighborhoods where I spent ten years of my childhood - make it out to be. I'll accept douchebaggery from people living in GR but not this little circle jerk up north.

If I lived in TC I’d probably be unhappy too.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: shwayz05 and Hylyx

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads