Hi there :] From Northern VA

Reaction score
I'm new. My name is Kim. I don't travel often, but when I do I often get stuck or stranded. I heard of this and figured if nothing else, mayhaps in the future I can find some like-minded people to be stranded with. I enjoy concerts, beaches and photography. I don't much enjoy talking about myself though. So, I'll keep it sort. Looking forward to seeing what this brings.

Reactions: wizehop

Peregrin

Reaction score
Welcome! I am in Virginia Beach right now, taking a trip to west coast after the holidays to look for work and relocate closer to my daughter. Best of luck to you, STP has been an excellent resource over the years.

Reactions: Kimpacolypse89

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the community, Kim! I can tell by your name and those savage chest tattoos that you are a bit of a badass, and you are in good company because I fancy myself to be one too.Licensed and insured. Liability only though. I grew up in the Burg so if I come and visit we may have to join forces and stomp on some lightbulbs or some shit.

I'm not certain your circumstances or your prefered method of travel but as far as free gear goes, Micah Day Center in downtown Fredericksburg gives out sleeping bags, tents and packs to the homeless. Really, they will get you anything that you need, within reason, as long as you ask nicely.

I hope you stick around a bit, theres great people here.

Reaction score
Welcome to the community, Kim! I can tell by your name and those savage chest tattoos that you are a bit of a badass, and you are in good company because I fancy myself to be one too.Licensed and insured. Liability only though. I grew up in the Burg so if I come and visit we may have to join forces and stomp on some lightbulbs or some shit.

I'm not certain your circumstances or your prefered method of travel but as far as free gear goes, Micah Day Center in downtown Fredericksburg gives out sleeping bags, tents and packs to the homeless. Really, they will get you anything that you need, within reason, as long as you ask nicely.

I hope you stick around a bit, theres great people here.
Most definitely!!!! The burg is one of my preferred areas in VA. Thanks for the tip. Look forward to finding shenanigans next time you're around the way.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads