Hi, I’m Wes, lookin for a good travel sesh | Squat the Planet

Hi, I’m Wes, lookin for a good travel sesh

wesleywilliam

Reaction score
I’m planning on travel down south next month. (I’m in Chicago-land rn) My vague plan is to take a bus to Texas/Mexico border, and then from there hitchhike east through Nola, then Florida.

I’ve hitchhiked before, but only short distance, like about 30 miles at most, so this will be my first long distance hike.

The main reason I want to go to the Texas-Mexico border is to get a bunch of my medication for waaay cheaper. Anyone else ever done that?

Also I’m new to this lifestyle. It should be fun. (Maybe scary? Idk) I talked to some family about going to the border towns and jeez, it was like I said I was going to somilia. I can’t imagine border towns are some super dangerous war zone. I speak un poco espanol, that should help. I’m planning to visit family and friends in Nola too, and yeah, they don’t live in the nice part of town. To me that part of Nola is more concerning than the border town.

Any that’s my introduction post. This is my first time ever post on any forum, so sorry if it sucks lol. Happy new year btw

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads