hi, I'm plum! a bit about me (🇨🇦) (1 Viewer)

plumfae

hey howdy im Plum! I'm from Windsor, ON. I'm trans, a poet, and I write graffiti.

I spent the last few years doing a lot of couchsurfing, usually for a month at a time, but I've always had a roof over my head. I got my longtime daydreams of riding trains admittedly by reading Kerouac in highschool lol, but never knew where to start. Recently, I got schooled a bit how to ride trains by my friend & mentor (Lost, who used to run Termine&Vine) but that's mostly amounted in a lotta google maps and two short rides, so I'm a total n00b. I spent plenty time fucking around trainyards in my teens, but in hindsight I'm real glad no one ever got hurt, I was very dumb.
I've got plans with another rider on here to head west around late april, and we're both super down to meet folks along the way, so if you're in Canada throw me a line!

I been writing graffiti since I was a kid, and while I still tag lots I only paint about once a year if I'm lucky these days. It's hard to find a space in that community since i've transitioned, so finding other people into graffiti, either on the moniker end or street end, would be really lovely.

So yea that's my life and my hopes going forward. I've been happily collecting welfare and writing my lil poems for years now, I live in a house of other trans women artists, and while I'd like to spend progressively less of each year here, and find more places (communes, squats, couches) to spend the seasons in, I'm pretty grateful to have a family and a place to call home, too. hope to see some of you out there :)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

plumfae

Nice intro! Any chance you're coming down to the states in you travels?
With covid and all the resulting border complications, I doubt I'll go this year (need a new passport too), but as soon as it's more practical, I definitely want to. I've got some friends I'd love to see in both NC and Washington/California, and that gives me a great excuse to bum around everywhere between.

G0PN1KB0T

Pilgrim
If you make it down to southern Ca pm me. I've got a lot of paint and streaks and theres quiet a few spots in my area. (Disneyland area)

GremIin

Pilgrim
hey howdy im Plum! I'm from Windsor, ON. I'm trans, a poet, and I write graffiti.

I spent the last few years doing a lot of couchsurfing, usually for a month at a time, but I've always had a roof over my head. I got my longtime daydreams of riding trains admittedly by reading Kerouac in highschool lol, but never knew where to start. Recently, I got schooled a bit how to ride trains by my friend & mentor (Lost, who used to run Termine&Vine) but that's mostly amounted in a lotta google maps and two short rides, so I'm a total n00b. I spent plenty time fucking around trainyards in my teens, but in hindsight I'm real glad no one ever got hurt, I was very dumb.
I've got plans with another rider on here to head west around late april, and we're both super down to meet folks along the way, so if you're in Canada throw me a line!

I been writing graffiti since I was a kid, and while I still tag lots I only paint about once a year if I'm lucky these days. It's hard to find a space in that community since i've transitioned, so finding other people into graffiti, either on the moniker end or street end, would be really lovely.

So yea that's my life and my hopes going forward. I've been happily collecting welfare and writing my lil poems for years now, I live in a house of other trans women artists, and while I'd like to spend progressively less of each year here, and find more places (communes, squats, couches) to spend the seasons in, I'm pretty grateful to have a family and a place to call home, too. hope to see some of you out there :)
hey, im in the toronto area! i've been kinda in the same place for a year now but i've been planning on taking a couple trips this summer. how far west are you planning to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.