Hi, I'm Kelly from Green Bay :)

Kellz

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm planning on my journey into the unknown in Feb/March. I just found out about this site and can't wait to read, learn, and get ideas for my adventure. I've never felt like there was one place that "fits" me...(well, maybe Ireland, that sat well with me). I love to travel and am in the process of getting rid of all my "things" that are holding me down.

Sure wouldn't mind some guidance...any good book recommendations? On the Road is my next book (after Walden which I'm starting this weekend while camping somewhere up North). It's just going to be me, a pimped out old bus (hopefully if I can scrounge up enough money) and the open rode. No definite plans on where I will be going...but thinking the Pacific Northwest will be first since I've never been.

I love this website, I don't know other people that are interested in these types of things (all my friends are pretty mainstream...but they accept me for who I am and I love them for that). I'm hoping to meet other likeminded individuals out there. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome! if you have any questions, please let me know. what kind of bus are you traveling in? where did you get it? i have a thing for school buses :p

Reactions: Kellz

Kellz

Reaction score
welcome! if you have any questions, please let me know. what kind of bus are you traveling in? where did you get it? i have a thing for school buses :p

It's in the works...waiting on school loan money to buy it...but so far it's still for sale. Just a waiting game. It's a 1980 shitty old bus (I like how it looks though)...but I'm planning on fixing it up as I'm waiting to start my journey in Feb/March. It's perfect for me. :) Hopefully I can gather some of my artistic friends to help me paint the outside. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well if you need any advice on bus stuff let me know, and keep us updated it would be nice to see more bus punks on here :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads