Hi I'm Jake and I don't wear shoes, ever. | Squat the Planet

Hi I'm Jake and I don't wear shoes, ever.

Reaction score
Squat the planet!!!

Ha. I want to travel and explore all the small towns west of the Cascades in Oregon and maybe visit some of the towns on the other side of the peaks from time to time. I need my circle to join me. Looking to make friends and discover my family and find a place I adore enough to truly call "home". This will be a place with clean water coming from the ground and folks I can't imagine living without. A place that is all but disconnected from Babylon (most likely).

Also, the state will pay 2 lucky dirties to do this exploring with me because I'm autistic and they don't want me to explore by myself. Must have clean criminal record (tickets are fine), ID (doesn't have to be Oregon ID) and access to Internet about once every 2 weeks to meet their qualifications. I have my own qualifications beyond that of course because I'm a pretty unique sort and have difficulty getting along with virtually all but dirties

This is a great opportunity to score some state sponsored cheddar while doing the same as you normally would just making me part of it, really. You might gain a smart brother out of the deal and we should have a blast. I also have OMMP card that just expired but can be renewed easily.

Umm I'm legal savvy, I'm confrontational and argumentative with "authority" and determined high risk for experiencing problems in dealing with pigs. Dealing with pigs on my behalf will be part of your job. Also, I can't wait to see cops having to take instruction from my dirty kid support workers in their dirty regalia .

I refuse to find permanent living arrangements because I'm a gypsy and nomad in my soul and I do not know people that I can call "home". My social workers do not want me to nomad alone anymore so they are willing to pay 2 travellers whom I like to nomad and be degenerate with me

Anyone interested in participating in this quite ironic funny?

Reactions: beersalt
Reaction score
Welcome! I like your use of the term, "dirties".
Best of luck with your endeavors, hopefully you find some real cool companions, yo.
Thanks, me too. I basically have til Feb. 10 before my housy support worker is terminated. I am a somewhat experienced Traveller and street urchin, I am originally from the east coast and hitchhiked from Colorado to Oregon. I have been a solitary nomad mostly. Solitary sucks, yo. ;)

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
The title of your thread reminds me of a dirty kid I used to see around Seattle. He never wore shoes and was constantly talking about how being barefoot was better for you and how once you get the callouses it doesn't even hurt. I didn't see him around for a couple weeks then the next time I saw him he was on crutches and his foot was wrapped up because he had stepped on a piece of broken glass. So I would not recommend going barefoot in a city but whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, welcome to StP. I hope you find some cool folks to travel with.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
So I would not recommend going barefoot in a city but whatever floats your boat.

Nothing wrong with going barefoot in a city, IMHO. I like to do it (see my avatar pic on the left). A little bit of caution is advisable, obviously.

I would not recommend traveling without shoes, though. Even if you like to be barefoot whenever possible, keep at least a pair of flip-flops or other lightweight shoes in your pack, just in case.

And of course for some activities (riding freight, exploring derelict buildings, hiking in the wilderness, etc.) sturdy shoes like boots are necessary. Everything else would be stupid in my opinion.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome to the site! I am currently wrapped up in my own plans at the moment, but I wish you the best of luck finding the kind of road dogs you're looking for!

Out if curiosity tho, what's an OMMP card?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads