Hi, I'm Dom.

Domm

Reaction score
Hey, my name is dom. I'm an 18 year old kid from Florida looking to start traveling, possibly long term, next month. I'm currently in college studying sociology, possibly going to take off a year or at least a semester to get my head clear. I just want to get out and see the world and explore blah, blah, blah. I'd love to get some advice on what kinds of things I need and possibly even a buddy to travel with. I'm pretty naive and would appreciate any help I could get.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Hey, welcome to STP!

Where in Florida are ya in? I live in Miami during the school year

There's tons of things to read here on STP regarding hitchhiking, train hopping, camping, cooking, pretty much anything you could ever need, and that can help you get going!

Reactions: Tude

Noidinvoid

Reaction score
A fellow Tampon! Im heading out from the city next weekend to hitch for trimming work in washington/oregon, but can postpone it a ~week if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome to STP :cool: Everything that you need to ever know is hidden in two places; the first & easiest is the Forums, Pms & chat & the second is out there waiting for you on the Road. Most people start off over complicating everything with the details & planning while others just bug the shit out of us with the same ole juvenile & repetitive questions of how to, where to, why this & that?

Im not saying dont believe what is written here & or read this stuff like a safety manual (it can be real deal survival type shit that you are reading). I will challenge you to digest this plethora of info, sprinkle in some common sense & then get out there and start the real "on the job" life skills training that every 18 year old kid should do.

Happy Traveling
:D

Domm

Reaction score
A fellow Tampon! Im heading out from the city next weekend to hitch for trimming work in washington/oregon, but can postpone it a ~week if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.
Unfortunately I won't be ready until late July at the soonest. I appreciate the offer though, maybe we can meet up in Oregon if you're still there when I arrive.

D

Deleted member 14481

Hello, Dom! Nice to see others from the SE saying hello around here! I'm from LA. Right now, I'm in the midwest so if you come up to MPLS I'll hang out with you!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads