Hi I guess

xm0thman

Reaction score
So whats up, my name is jax/jaxon and im from michigan. im 17 and have already decided my life entirely lacks meaning and how exactly do i plan on fixing that? traveling and experiencing as many things as humanly possible. Not currently traveling, but desperately want to. Im sort of overwhelmed and have no idea how or where to start or how to meet travel buddies. im biologically female but gender noncomforming, so that makes traveling alone seem way sketchy. so yeah, i never really know what to say in these introduction things but if you wanna talk feel free to message me.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
are you trying to leave right away or are you trying to finish HS first? either way, welcome! there's a ton of info here and we've dispensed advice to folks in your position before if you want to hear it.

xm0thman

Reaction score
are you trying to leave right away or are you trying to finish HS first? either way, welcome! there's a ton of info here and we've dispensed advice to folks in your position before if you want to hear it.
I mean it depends. Im not dropping out right now unless i have solid plans to leave immediately. Id like to leave as soon as possible though. any advice is greatly appreciated. been reading so much stuff some so many different people, feels nice to actually learn something i might use, y'know?

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to StP!!!

My advice is to finish high school and since you're 17, I'm sure you can find a part-time or full-time job and save some money for your future dream travel adventures. Patience is virtue! But you can do it! Don't drop out, it's a pain in the butt to get a GED. Hang in there! CHJ

xm0thman

Reaction score
Welcome to StP!!!

My advice is to finish high school and since you're 17, I'm sure you can find a part-time or full-time job and save some money for your future dream travel adventures. Patience is virtue! But you can do it! Don't drop out, it's a pain in the butt to get a GED. Hang in there! CHJ
im on my last year which is the only reason why i didnt plan to drop out now just because im done late may, ive saved a considerable amount just doing odd jobs and by *other* means. I truly appreciate the advice!!

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah, we generally encourage finishing high school unless you're in a dangerous/abusive situation. reason being is that it's much easier to find better paying and more advanced work later on, especially if you want to do some travel related jobs and keep the travel cycle going beyond your first few years.

in the meantime though, a year ain't too bad (im just finishing nearly 3 years off the road and getting excited to get back on again in 2 months) so spend your time planning where you want to go, maybe find someone here you'd like to travel with, and just do your research. if you have any questions or need some advice on where to start, just let us know.

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads