Hi everyone!

thestudent

Reaction score
Joined the forums two days ago and i figured it's time to say hello.

my name is giora (or geo for short) and i've just moved to california from israel. Back there i've been active in the anarcho punk and the tekno scenes for the past fifteen or so years. Me and my friends there have a soundsystem we built (40kw!) and we took it twice to tour europe, making illegal open air free raves and participating in teknivals (free tekno festivals). We traveled europe from greece to germany and back with our box truck, a camper van and other vehicles and people that tagged along.

the situation in israel is shit and so most of us are in the process of leaving that hell hole. all of my friends are moving to europe but since i have an american citizenship i decided to try my luck on the west coast.

i brought some vinyls, bought a van, and now im planning to travel around and i'm looking for companions and recommendations on where to go and what to do.

unfortunately, since im new and stupid i ended up spending way too much money on the car i bought, and now im also kind of broke. therefore any job opportunities on the road will be much appreciated.

I am currently in LA but i plan to leave wednesday evening or thursday morning.. if anyone wants to tag along...

well, i think i'm rambling.... just wanted to say hello.. so hello!

D

Deleted member 20975

Sounds awesome. I love illegal open concerts. Mostly metal and punk but all can be a blast. One thing that europe definetly seems to kick the americas ass in. Any chance you will cross the border north? Summer is the time to do it.

thestudent

Reaction score
I actually come from the hardcore punk old school kind of way... actually my first euro tour back in 04 was with my anti zionist punk band "nikmat olalim". we played and released a split with oi polloi!

i really want to go to canada.. but im really living day by day with my plans and right now a lot of it is about making money from odd jobs to save up for gas and for fixing up the van. first priority - windshield wipers! i do want to get more north though so i will keep ya'll updated

D

Deleted member 20975

Junkyards. Gotta love junkyards. Wipers are cheap anyway. And if ya really want take em from some cop car ;) hahaaa
Well if you head up here let me know. I want to rock some outdoor festivals. Soo much empty space up here all ya need is some generators and kegs.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads