hi everyone!

Hyena5

Reaction score
hey i am hyena! i've been lurking here for a few months picking up tips since i started rubber tramping last fall. originally from the west coast.

spent a lot of time in slab city this winter/spring, did some art for east jesus (nothing in the art garden though, maybe next time - i mapped out all the trailers and rooms in prep for a vector map of the whole place and gridded it onto a huge sign that's now in the library + did an assemblage piece near one of the trailers) though i'm not even thinking about summering there until i get way less green lol

i play guitar quietly to myself and scribble with markers a lot, i take lots of hikes, i move and load heavy things for a wage

hablo un poco español, tomé tres años en mi escuela - y ahora puedo practicar mucho con mis co-workers. tambien siempre estoy interesado en hablando y practicando con otros

pasé mucho tiempo en slab city durante el invierno pasado y este primavera pero no voy a permanacer por el verano (no quiero morir del calor lol 130F es demasiado)

toco la guitarra, dibujo, camino mucho en las montañas, y yo muevo cosas pesadas por dinero

atm i'm mostly just looking to pick up tips and learn rubber tramping/hobo ropes. it's been a while since i participated in a forum in any capacity, but here goes nothing!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerrell and Minky

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hey - very nice intro and welcome to STP. Very cool stuff that you did for the Slabs too! Crossing my fingers that I'll be out there in October.

Hyena5

Reaction score
thanks! I only had a few days to go from sketch, to satellite-matched photoshop document, to gridded lines and paint on a board. lots of hours on all fours in the sun but definitely worth it :)

here's the map (feat. the east jesus cat :3! )
2018-02-27 019.JPG 2018-03-19 002.JPG

Definitely coming back to slabs after the heat dies down, hopefully get some more time to pretty this thing up (and fix my typo lol)

Last edited:

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Wish you nothing but the best in your journey. Safe travels friend.

Reactions: Hyena5

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads