rowleyshelby

Reaction score
While searching the web for different sites to use to find travellers like myself wanting to head west, I found this lovely site. In general, me and my partner are stuck in Ohio (worst place to be stuck, mind you) and headed to California! Looking for people that may also be headed that way, or maybe even different tips everyone may have about hitching across the US. Very excited for this journey, though wanting to make it as quick as possible so we can start our lives where we belong! Thanks for reading :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
how are you getting around? are you going to be in cali for long? we're having a gathering there in october...

Vulture

Reaction score
The best way, from my experience, is to fly a sign at a gas station with the direction and possibly the road you want to take.
Avoid small roads (stick to highways) as highway travellers will take you farther and I think, will be more eager for company. Trace the simplest route, even if it is not the shortest in distance.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads