Hey people. Leaving out around New Years, looking for some good spots to busk and some company maybe | Squat the Planet

Hey people. Leaving out around New Years, looking for some good spots to busk and some company maybe

Ghostboy

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not my first go round but I have been stationary for a few months. Just got back from France, had a kick ass time, but I've worn out my welcome here in Alabama and I am thinking about heading to Florida maybe, to ride out the rest of the winter. Looking for good busking spots to work on my magic act or maybe read fortunes, depending on the people. I dunno, just generally felt like saying what's up to everyone and seeing who is around.

Reactions: kidbob

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome man, if you're looking to do some street performance of some kind, you might try the boardwalk in key west. i've seen a ton of people doing all kinds of crazy acts out there.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
What kind of fortune readings do you do? Jus curious I'm in florida too havnt had much luck but I have mostly only been in jacksonville been keepin it on d low. I do tarot and palmistry among some other things. In miami now havnt tried here yet tho.

Ghostboy

Reaction score
What kind of fortune readings do you do? Jus curious I'm in florida too havnt had much luck but I have mostly only been in jacksonville been keepin it on d low. I do tarot and palmistry among some other things. In miami now havnt tried here yet tho.
Well, I've been doing tarot palms and runes for about 12 years now. Got a good bit of practice at it. Been doing the telephone psychic thing for a while but I have found I get a lot more business just working on the street. But I do all sorts of spiritualist stuff man, talking boards, divining rods, you name it i can do it. If it has to do with the occult that is. But I make the most money from magic tricks actually . I know it seems kinda weird, a fortune teller doing magic, but it works for me. It's tough though because you can't really mix the two . People have to trust a psychic, and no one trusts a magician.

Reactions: JillyBoe

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I've been doing tarot and palms myself for about 5 years publicly. Though I do have other tricks up my sleeve as well. Magic is still cool tho kinda goes along with the whole thing. I see how it can make more money too cause more people would be open to it.

P

pigpen

Yeah, it's not my first go round but I have been stationary for a few months. Just got back from France, had a kick ass time, but I've worn out my welcome here in Alabama and I am thinking about heading to Florida maybe, to ride out the rest of the winter. Looking for good busking spots to work on my magic act or maybe read fortunes, depending on the people. I dunno, just generally felt like saying what's up to everyone and seeing who is around.

If you're looking to make some cash and ride out the winter in Florida doing readings and magic tricks, I would suggest you try St.Augustine. There's tourists year round and the vibe of the main strip (saint George st.) is similar to that of the French quarter in nola. The cops will try and kick you out of town if you piss them off, but there's plenty of tourists and home bums to keep them occupied, so you just gotta play it smart. If you're gonna be there a while you might consider applying for a permit or looking for work doing tours (dressed like an 18th century pirate)

Not to mention that you can walk to the beach from downtown and go swimming in fucking February. I forget exactly where it is, but if you ask around, there's an amazing feed with fresh seafood and shit a couple times a week.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Yea I was in jax around xmas and was goin to take the bus to st. Auggie. I was flyin for a day or so and a train rolled up and figured screw it. And went down to miami on xmas eve. Met some kids and went to key west. But they all wanted to leave shortly after we got there and the weather was getting bad so I went with them. So I didn't get to try my luck there.. but yea I heard its actually legal to panhandle in auggie and I'm bout ready to go back north so ill probly give the readings a shot. When or if I get there. Its sounds like a nice place.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads