Hey, longtime lurker here, finally introducing myself...

• Thread starter Deleted member 25534
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25534

Hey, my name is Max, I've been lurking on here and in the Discord for quite a while now, last night I figured it was finally time to stop procrastinating and formally introduce myself to everyone. I've done some traveling in the past and I'm interested in getting back into it soon. I've been stationary for too long, stagnating in the life rut but things are starting to look up so to speak and I'm feeling the old fires come back slowly.

I've been into punk (and music in general) for most of my life, I play a little bit on the side, but I'd like to take it more seriously and get a band together at some point. My main thing at the moment is writing, I freelance articles and put out zines from time to time. I'm also into scrapping here and there, it's a hustle for sure, but an enjoyable one to me. I grew up around it and my interest in scavenging runs deep.

I love to write but freelancing is more of a necessity than a passion. It's been interesting at times, and far too stressful at others. I've been looking to change things up lately and re-evaluate what I want to do, and how I want to live. Ideally, my plate would include putting out zines for my own enjoyment, playing music with good people in interesting places, and traveling regularly, or as much as I want to at any given time.

I've been living in motels for the past 5 years straight, but my experience with that lifestyle goes back to the age of 12 when my family fell on some hard times. It seems a lot more common and widespread these days, but the arrangements can be hard to come by. It's been an interesting experience for sure, and I've been grateful most of the time. You tend to meet a lot of people, some good and some bad, but I'm definitely growing tired of it. I can tell that it's time to move on, soon...

That's about it for now, I'm looking forward to being more active on here, and finding a place in the community. It'd be cool to meet some new people, exchange stories and find some inspiration along the way. I've definitely got some questions pertaining to travel, and I'm always open to answer any from my end of the experience as well. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone's doing alright if and whenever they see this. I'll be around!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads