Hey living in Morristown NJ any Squats nearby or do I go to NYC? | Squat the Planet

Hey living in Morristown NJ any Squats nearby or do I go to NYC?

Billiam

Reaction score
Hey i've been staying in Morristown NJ for the past 2 weeks doing the whole trying to find a job thing but gotta move out of my mom's place (roommate coming in, she needs the income). I was wondering what the travelers (if any) out there do in the middle of winter. may have to hang out at the port authority though. anyone in the area who wants to let me know what's up?

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Morristown... let me tell you something about Morristown. I had to go to court there when I was 15. That place is a shithole full of old rich assholes who will call the police on you for looking 'out of place.' 100% serious. Get the fuck out of Morristown.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Is any part of north nj (like union city) worthwhile or would i just be better off trying my luck up in nyc?

NYC will be way worse if you have to sleep, or eat, or spange. Food is ridiculously expensive, everyone will steal your shit if you're sleeping on a bench, and everyone that lives there is asked for change about 5,000 times a day so they won't even acknowledge your existence.

I don't know about all of northern NJ, but generally, I wouldn't recommend being in NJ or NYC at all. Hitchhiking is illegal in NJ, and all the trains that roll through are low-volume and super sparse... it's really hard to get out.

That being said, if you really want to go to NYC, send me a message with your phone number (if you have a phone) and I might be able to put you in touch with someone who will let you crash at their place for a night or two. No promises though.

janktoaster

Reaction score
I mean honestly I'm stuck in NJ, about 40 mins away from you... it blows, there's not much going on.. I would rather be in NYC but only if I found a super lowkey to sleep/chill/keep my shit

D

Deleted member 20

NYC will be way worse if you have to sleep, or eat, or spange. Food is ridiculously expensive, everyone will steal your shit if you're sleeping on a bench, and everyone that lives there is asked for change about 5,000 times a day so they won't even acknowledge your existence.

I don't know about all of northern NJ, but generally, I wouldn't recommend being in NJ or NYC at all. Hitchhiking is illegal in NJ, and all the trains that roll through are low-volume and super sparse... it's really hard to get out.

That being said, if you really want to go to NYC, send me a message with your phone number (if you have a phone) and I might be able to put you in touch with someone who will let you crash at their place for a night or two. No promises though.

I disagree on the train traffic out of northern nj, theres plenty of trains.

misanthropicrustacian

Reaction score

Damn you could have not hit the head on that nail anymore perfect about nyc, fuck its a bitch on the streets there nowadays

D

Deleted member 20

Don't North Bergen and Kearny have ridiculous security though? I was told that post-911 they tightened shit up.
Directly after, sure they did. But the reality is someome has to pay for that added "insecurity". It is finest kind now. I come/go thru there often as recent as last summer. I have never had a problem getting to the yard, camping out there or finding rideables.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Directly after, sure they did. But the reality is someome has to pay for that added "insecurity". It is finest kind now. I come/go thru there often as recent as last summer. I have never had a problem getting to the yard, camping out there or finding rideables.

Oh alright, thanks man, guess that guy was full of shit. That's what I get for taking advice from a stranger.

janktoaster

Reaction score
I've hitched out of Vince Lombardi... that whole area of NJ is such a shithole, it's not fun being stuck there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads