Hey everyone | Squat the Planet

Hey everyone

Sven Huby

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 30-year-old male, born in raised in Southern California. I grew up surfing down the coast. I have taken multiple trips across the country, but always by car and always on a small budget.

Over the past six months, I have been cut myself off from things that I don't need. I have stopped watching tv, listening to the shitty radio, eating crappy food, no social media, and generally anything else which I feel is only a distraction to who I am as a person. My only entertainment has been reading books and I can say I have honestly become so much more peaceful inside. The transformation is noticeable inside and out.

I feel really inspired to take a trip to the middle United States, Coloardo and/or Utah but do it with the least amount of money possible. I want to see if I can do this without a bunch of money. I feel more and more that I have become a slave of sorts, working for money that I feel has numbed me to who I really am as a person.

I like the idea of trying to use the rail system to get to Utah or Colorado and then taking a hiking/backpacking/camping adventure in the Canyonlands for instance. I have experience living outdoors, "homeless" you might say for extended periods of sime (12 months) so this isn't an irresponsible, spur of the moment, idealistic, idea. If anyone has any advice for how I might go about this adventure I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and God bless.

Fat Betty

Reaction score
Amazing how little a person really needs. Consumerism is an evil that this world tries to shove down everyones throat. Can't eat money. This is America, if your hungry it's because your trying to prove a point.

Reactions: Ticklebiscuits
D

Deleted member 125

im not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. it seems you are pretty assured in yer ability so im kind of confused about what you want advice on.

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
You sound as if youre more than ready to take the leap my friend. You have a plan, a desire, a destination, and a dream. thats all you really need, (well, ya know, besides food, water, a pack, blah blah, but hey we can get to that later.)

Welcome to StP! Hope your travels take you far

Ether Ashe

Reaction score
Website
www.reverbnation.com
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 30-year-old male, born in raised in Southern California. I grew up surfing down the coast. I have taken multiple trips across the country, but always by car and always on a small budget.

Over the past six months, I have been cut myself off from things that I don't need. I have stopped watching tv, listening to the shitty radio, eating crappy food, no social media, and generally anything else which I feel is only a distraction to who I am as a person. My only entertainment has been reading books and I can say I have honestly become so much more peaceful inside. The transformation is noticeable inside and out.

I feel really inspired to take a trip to the middle United States, Coloardo and/or Utah but do it with the least amount of money possible. I want to see if I can do this without a bunch of money. I feel more and more that I have become a slave of sorts, working for money that I feel has numbed me to who I really am as a person.

I like the idea of trying to use the rail system to get to Utah or Colorado and then taking a hiking/backpacking/camping adventure in the Canyonlands for instance. I have experience living outdoors, "homeless" you might say for extended periods of sime (12 months) so this isn't an irresponsible, spur of the moment, idealistic, idea. If anyone has any advice for how I might go about this adventure I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and God bless.
The Lazy Lizard Hostel in Moab is the bomb.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads