Hey everyone! | Squat the Planet

Hey everyone!

Sabredufoil

Reaction score
Hello! I just discovered this website and am glad I did. It looks like exactly the type of thing I need.

A few things about me;

I'm a college student. I'm working on two associate degrees, and then eventually going back for a bachelors.

I do a lot of work with computers. They're kind of my specialty, in a way.

I'm learning about alternative forms of transportation and getting around the country.

My goal;

After I finish my associates, I am going to attempt getting to New England from North Carolina. After that, I want to see if I can get to the west coast. Eventually, I want to travel to Asia and hitchhike/backpack/train hop across the continent.

Right now, I am just trying to save up some funds, learn all I can about backpacking/hitchhiking/train hopping, get some proper gear, and physically prepare myself for the journey while finishing up classes.

My reason;

I feel like I have always had a sense of wanderlust. I've always wanted to just pick up and go somewhere new. I love exploring and meeting new people, so I figure why not just go for it. I want to wait til after I get my associates, though, so I can work wherever I end up without too much stress, but as soon as that degree gets in my hands, I am packing it up and going wherever the wind takes me.

Thanks for reading!

T.

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
Hey. Good to see you're going to take the jump. I tried the school thing, but for what I paid I just didn't feel like it was worth it for me. Did a little two month hitch around Europe, and I was hooked. Quit school, quit the army, and...6 years later quite happy with that decision. Having know-how about computers could be a traveling job for you, maybe? Would be a nice way to fund things!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool plans and welcome to STP!

Sabredufoil

Reaction score
Update;

Finished my associates, met a woman, ended up having a kid with her, moved to Nebraska, and now I'm a boring homebody.

Still want to do this eventually, but yeah it's going to be a while.

At least I'm in a place where there are lots of trains, yeah? 😉

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads