Hey everyone! Let's live life to the fullest! | Squat the Planet

Hey everyone! Let's live life to the fullest!

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
I'm Alex and I love to travel and experience everything the world has to offer. After all, I think the point of life is to live..

I've travelled to 43 states and 5 countries so far with plans to hit all 50 states this summer.

I've been on and off the road for a few years now and my preferred method of travel is hitchhiking because nothing beats getting a free ride and meeting awesome strangers.

My best travel memory has got to be from when I was in San Francisco and met some middle eastern guys that made the best tandoori and we tripped on acid and hung out all night by the golden gate bridge.

This summer I plan on hitchhiking to Colorado for the Rainbow Family Gathering and then to the Northeast to cross some states of my list.

After that I want to make it to Oaxaca, Mexico for Dia de Los Muertes and hopefully to Peru to visit Machu Picchu after that.

I've recently started a travel blog with travel tips, essentials, and destinations that I hope will help fund my trip to Peru.

I'm always down to travel with others or to meet up for an adventure so let me know if you're down!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Alex, thanks for joining us! I'm going to do a deep dive on your blog later when I have some time, looks interesting!

Was there anything in particular you wanted to get out of StP? Have you been to a Rainbow Gathering before?

Daflique

Reaction score
Sounds like some fun plans. And I relate to liking hitchhiking because of more human connection, although it’s been a long time since I hitchhiked.

Spent some time in peru recently not for from Machu Pichu. Beautiful place. Message me if you want when you’re in the northeast and maybe we’ll meet up and trade stories.

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
Hey Alex, thanks for joining us! I'm going to do a deep dive on your blog later when I have some time, looks interesting!

Was there anything in particular you wanted to get out of StP? Have you been to a Rainbow Gathering before?
Hey! I just started my blog this year so it still needs some work and fleshing out. Let me know what you think!

I've been hesitant on the type of content to write about so I've just been focusing on easy SEO topics so far. A lot of my personal experiences and knowledge isn't necessarily legal or stuff I want to be tied to my name.

I haven't gone to a rainbow gathering yet. I first heard about them when the gathering was in Wisconsin a few years ago but it wasn't until it was over. Then covid screwed everything up and I almost went to Taos last year but decided against it since everything was so fractured.

The main reason I joined StP is to just meet people and hopefully meet up with some like-minded people. I'm always down for an adventure.

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
Sounds like some fun plans. And I relate to liking hitchhiking because of more human connection, although it’s been a long time since I hitchhiked.

Spent some time in peru recently not for from Machu Pichu. Beautiful place. Message me if you want when you’re in the northeast and maybe we’ll meet up and trade stories.
Nice! Where about in Peru did you get to check out?

I'll definitely hit you up when I'm out that way!

Daflique

Reaction score
Nice! Where about in Peru did you get to check out?

I'll definitely hit you up when I'm out that way!
Sounds good. I was in the area surrounding Cusco. About 1000 feet elevation, 950 actually. The mountains are really something.

For a while I wanted to spend some time at altitudes above 1000 feet. Now I’ve almost done that haha.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads