hey everybody | Squat the Planet

hey everybody

Toxic103

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm new here. I'm not really a traveler, even though I always wanted to be. Just can't seem to break away. I guess at 26 I don't know where to start. I don't got much money or survival skills, about $20 and a pocket knife. Haha anyway, just reading up on it, watching videos, dreaming. Hoping one day I'll find the faith or motivation to just pick a direction and find my way.

Reactions: wizehop

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to STP. Your in a good place to learn and gather information.
The one key aspect in a lot of this is just getting the gumption or being in the situation where you just have to go and do it.
Preparation does help but if you keep your wits about you and trust in the road, the road can provide as well.

I've had a few Oh shit times in my life where I had to make jumps into the unknown and lately... *years actually I been more of a bum/hermit... but that can change any day now.

Hope you find what your looking for and take time to enjoy the sun smell that ganja and drink a forty every now and then...

Zaphod

Reaction score
Hey, honestly, it's really not as hard as you'd think. im 26 and I finished my first trip last year. There were some hard times, sure, but trust me, it's not hard to stay alive. If you take a sleeping bag and a shelter, then you only really have to worry about food and staying away from trouble.

It might help you to find a good road dawg to sort of show you the ropes. Not cause you really need to, but it gives you a little bit more of a safety net.

Good luck on your travels man, hope you find what you're looking for!

Toxic103

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've slept behind stores in the winter with nothing but a small jacket, and walked about 40 miles to near towns a few times. But that was back in my highschool days mostly just to visit friends. I think I could handle it for a more extended time, just gotta get past the years of being in a safety bubble being told why it would be a bad idea by everybody. I think everybody needs at least one pilgrimage in their life.

Reactions: Zaphod and Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads