Hey everybody | Squat the Planet

Hey everybody

Redfang337

Reaction score
I'm pretty young, still a freshman in high school, but after school I've set my mind on the road. I think I usually would've waited, but I saw the site, and found everything I was looking for, I gotta give you all props, this is an amazing site, this is good work. I give a special thanks to those that help run it.
All I know is I want to travel, I don't want much else, I want to see everything I can here in the states, and I want to improve on myself everyday once I hit the road, an impossibility I have in my current situation. I wan't the freedom this lifestyle permits, and I'd enjoy any help all you can give me in my few short years of joining you.

K

Kim Chee

Congratulations on your decision to finish school before setting out. When you do set out, you'll see how long the day really is and that there is plenty of time for self improvement.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Congratulations on your decision to finish school before setting out. When you do set out, you'll see how long the day really is and that there is plenty of time for self improvement.

mmmmmmmmichael - good advice :)

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You have a great attitude for a future traveler

Parrot

Reaction score
I have a similar situation i have wanted to travel sence i was probly a freshman or earlier. Iv thought about it allot and gathered gear and information i am about 6 months away from traveling now. Luckly allot of my freinds started traveling so ill have some road dogs. Best of luck hope to see you out there at some point

Parrot

Reaction score
Parrot, forgive me I am Very New to STP. Your message was it directed to me? This will be my second walk. I just finished my first , walking through 13 states for a total of 3050 miles. Love it
Haha no worrys dude im pretty new to stp as well. my post wasent directed at anyone just replying to the post but thats super sick man! My freind did somthing pretty similar.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
mmmmmmmmichael - good advice :)

Yes... I think so too... good one.

Thank you. I have already done one walk . 3050 miles LOVED it , are you doing a walk as well ?

Simply walking. Very ambitious and healthy way of traveling I imagine. Right on. I admire that. Good journey.

Reactions: Parrot

Mac

Reaction score
Currently Florida , but walking to California
Website
salutesandstories.webs.com
Yes... I think so too... good one.

Simply walking. Very ambitious and healthy way of traveling I imagine. Right on. I admire that. Good journey.
Thank you. I loved my first walk and have become pretty addicted to it. One of the HIGHs for me , is that I get to see this Beautiful Country at 3MPH

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Thank you. I have already done one walk . 3050 miles LOVED it , are you doing a walk as well ?

Wow - that's awesome! Is that a year's worth? Or one trip? - I mean I look at my bicycle miles and see those kinda numbers. You do a trail? During good weather I average maybe 120/150 a month walking miles for just too/from work cause I hate bike to work in the city.

Mac

Reaction score
Currently Florida , but walking to California
Website
salutesandstories.webs.com
Thank you. I loved my first walk and have become pretty addicted to it. One of the HIGHs for me , is that I get to see this Beautiful Country at 3MPH
Wow - that's awesome! Is that a year's worth? Or one trip? - I mean I look at my bicycle miles and see those kinda numbers. You do a trail? During good weather I average maybe 120/150 a month walking miles for just too/from work cause I hate bike to work in the city.
Thank you , As for planning a route. I have an over all idea but an exact turn by turn will be determined one month at a time. That was the rule I applied when I did my first 3050 mile walk that finished last June.

bobf

Reaction score
I'm pretty young, still a freshman in high school, but after school I've set my mind on the road. I think I usually would've waited, but I saw the site, and found everything I was looking for, I gotta give you all props, this is an amazing site, this is good work. I give a special thanks to those that help run it.
All I know is I want to travel, I don't want much else, I want to see everything I can here in the states, and I want to improve on myself everyday once I hit the road, an impossibility I have in my current situation. I wan't the freedom this lifestyle permits, and I'd enjoy any help all you can give me in my few short years of joining you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads