Hey all, from a newb in LA (1 Viewer)

jessuschrist

Heya, I’m Jess ✌🏼Been wanting to live that nomad life for a long time now. Just starting towards making the transition: want to build a tiny home from a converted trailer, hit the open road, and hopefully make some music on the way. I made the trip from NH to CA a few years back, and I loved the experience, but it was very much destination-oriented. I’m looking forward to starting a new adventure and enjoying the journey. And I’m looking forward to learning from y’all. I wanted to do my research and find out how to get connected to the community, and I was bummed to find that most sites for travelers and van life and such are geared towards folks with money. Can’t afford a luxury RV, so I was stoked to find this space. Glad to find a place where I can learn from authentic people with real experience 🧚🏼‍♂️

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

SammiePa

Rambler
Website
www.stephenbartlettwriter.com
Heya, I’m Jess ✌🏼Been wanting to live that nomad life for a long time now. Just starting towards making the transition: want to build a tiny home from a converted trailer, hit the open road, and hopefully make some music on the way. I made the trip from NH to CA a few years back, and I loved the experience, but it was very much destination-oriented. I’m looking forward to starting a new adventure and enjoying the journey. And I’m looking forward to learning from y’all. I wanted to do my research and find out how to get connected to the community, and I was bummed to find that most sites for travelers and van life and such are geared towards folks with money. Can’t afford a luxury RV, so I was stoked to find this space. Glad to find a place where I can learn from authentic people with real experience 🧚🏼‍♂️
Nice to meet you :) great site, great people and lots of info!!

Kenada

Rambler
You’ve definitely found the right community! There’s plenty of info on how to travel on low to no budget. As well as this community is very supportive. I hope you have safe travels!

jessuschrist

Hi what's up man never know what to say when I am sober read no mask
Hey man, no worries! I did check out “no mask.” I don’t know if I agree - if people aren’t getting sick from the protests, it’s probs because most of us are wearing masks and have been quarantined most of the time so far. And we are actually starting to see new spikes in LA. I work for a union that represents a lot of the essential workers who are still getting sick. So stay safe out there, man! Any kind of face mask is better than nothing right now. But I’m with ya, I hope it ends soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.